Last Updated on October 4, 2022 by Lauren Beck
There are a few different places that you can buy tomahawk steaks from. You can either go to your local grocery store or butcher, or you can order them online.
If you want to buy tomahawk steaks from a grocery store, you should call ahead to see if they have any in stock. If they don’t, you can try asking the butcher if they can special order some for you.
If you want to buy tomahawk steaks online, there are a few different places that you can purchase them from. One option is to go to the website of a company that specializes in selling meat online. Read more about where can you buy tomahawk steaks here.
Where to buy a Tomahawk Steak
Here are some places where you can buy a Tomahawk Steak online:
- Porter Road: Porter Road offers humanely raised and slaughtered beef, pork, lamb, and chicken. They sell tomahawk steaks that are 2.5 to 3 pounds each.
- Crowd Cow: Crowd Cow is a website that helps you buy meat directly from farmers and ranchers. They offer grass-fed beef, Wagyu beef, heritage breed pork, and free-range chicken. Tomahawk steaks are available in 1-pound, 2-pound, and 3-pound sizes.
- ButcherBox: ButcherBox is a subscription service that delivers boxes of humanely raised meat to your door. They offer grass-fed beef, heritage breed pork, free-range chicken, and wild-caught seafood. Tomahawk steaks are available in 2-pound and 4-pound sizes.
- Gourmet Meat Club: Gourmet Meat Club is an online butcher shop that specializes in selling grass-fed beef, wagyu beef, Kobe beef, and dry-aged steak. They offer tomahawk steaks that are 2 pounds each.
- Omaha Steaks: Omaha Steaks is a website that specializes in selling steak. They offer tomahawk steaks that are 2.5 pounds each.
- US Wellness Meats: US Wellness Meats is a website that specializes in selling grass-fed beef , heritage breed pork, free-range chicken, and wild-caught seafood. Tomahawk steaks are available in 1-pound and 2-pound sizes.
How does the price of a Tomahawk steak compare to a normal Ribeye?
Tomahawk steaks are usually more expensive than a regular ribeye steak. This is because they are larger and have more meat on them. A 2-pound tomahawk steak can cost anywhere from $25 to $35, while a 1-pound ribeye steak typically costs around $15.
How to cook a Tomahawk Steak
Tomahawk steaks are best cooked using the reverse sear method. This involves cooking the steak indirectly at a low temperature until it reaches the desired internal temperature. Then, you sear the steak on both sides over high heat to create a crust.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cook a tomahawk steak using the reverse sear method:
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Season the tomahawk steak with salt and pepper.
- Place the steak on a rack in a roasting pan and cook it in the oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over high heat and add some oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot, Sear the tomahawk steak on both sides for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until a crust forms.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing it and serving it.
When cooking a tomahawk steak, it’s important to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. This will help you ensure that it’s cooked to your desired level of doneness.
How much is a rack of tomahawk steaks?
A rack of tomahawk steaks is typically around $100. This includes 8 to 10 steaks, which is enough to feed 4 to 6 people.
Does Costco have tomahawk steaks?
Yes, Costco has tomahawk steaks. They are typically around $100 for a pack of 8 to 10 steaks.
Is Costco Wagyu beef real?
Yes, Costco Wagyu beef is real. It is a type of Japanese beef that is known for its marbled texture and rich flavor.
What is the difference between a cowboy steak and a tomahawk steak?
The main difference between a cowboy steak and a tomahawk steak is the bone. A cowboy steak is a ribeye steak with the bone still attached, while a tomahawk steak is a ribeye steak with the bone removed. Tomahawk steaks are also typically larger than cowboy steaks.
There are many places where you can buy tomahawk steaks, including butcher shops, online meat retailers, and even some supermarkets. Tomahawk steaks are usually more expensive than a regular ribeye steak because they are larger and have more meat on them. When cooking a tomahawk steak, it’s important to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. This will help you ensure that it’s cooked to your desired level of doneness.