Last Updated on February 23, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Grilling is a great way to bring out the natural sweetness and flavor of vegetables. It’s a healthier option than frying or sautéing, and it adds a smoky flavor that can’t be beat.
If you’re looking to add more veggies to your diet, grilling them is a delicious and easy way to do it.
What Vegetables Are Good to Grill?
Here are some of the best vegetables to grill:
- Bell peppers
- Corn on the cob
- Portobello mushrooms
- Green beans
- Sweet potatoes
How to Grill Vegetables?
Grilling vegetables is easy and can be done on any type of grill. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Clean and oil the grill grates to prevent sticking.
- Cut your vegetables into uniform pieces for even cooking.
- Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Place the vegetables on the grill and cook until they are tender and have grill marks on both sides.
- Use tongs to turn the vegetables over and move them around as needed to prevent burning.
- Remove the vegetables from the grill and serve immediately.
How Long do You Keep Vegetables on the Grill?
The cooking time for grilled vegetables varies depending on the type of vegetable and how thickly it is cut. Here are some general guidelines:
- Asparagus: 5-7 minutes
- Bell peppers: 8-10 minutes
- Eggplant: 8-10 minutes
- Zucchini: 5-7 minutes
- Corn on the cob: 10-15 minutes
- Portobello mushrooms: 6-8 minutes
- Onions: 10-12 minutes
- Tomatoes: 2-3 minutes
- Green beans: 8-10 minutes
- Sweet potatoes: 15-20 minutes
- Carrots: 10-15 minutes
- Broccoli: 8-10 minutes
- Cauliflower: 8-10 minutes
- Radicchio: 5-7 minutes
- Artichokes: 30-40 minutes
Should You Soak Veggies Before Grilling?
Some people like to soak their vegetables in water before grilling to prevent them from drying out. However, this is not necessary and can actually make the vegetables more difficult to grill. Instead, brush the vegetables with oil before grilling to keep them moist and prevent sticking.
Tips for the Best Grilled Vegetables:
Here are some tips for getting the best results when grilling vegetables:
- Cut the vegetables into even pieces for even cooking.
- Brush the vegetables with oil to prevent sticking.
- Use a grill basket or skewers to prevent smaller vegetables from falling through the grates.
- Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, and other desired seasonings.
- Don’t overcrowd the grill, as this can cause the vegetables to steam instead of grill.
- Keep an eye on the vegetables and turn them as needed to prevent burning.
What Goes Well With Grilled Veggies?
Grilled vegetables pair well with a variety of different foods. Here are some ideas:
- Grilled meats, such as steak or chicken
- Grilled fish or seafood
- Rice or quinoa
- Salad greens or arugula
- Bread or crackers with hummus or other dips
Ways to Use Grilled Vegetables:
Grilled vegetables can be used in a variety of dishes, making them a versatile ingredient to have on hand. Here are some ways to use grilled vegetables:
- As a side dish with grilled meats or fish
- In salads, either warm or chilled
- As a topping for pizza or flatbread
- In wraps or sandwiches
- Mixed into pasta or grain dishes
- As a filling for quesadillas or tacos
- As a topping for burgers or hot dogs
Can Cooked Vegetables be Left out Overnight?
It is generally not recommended to leave cooked vegetables out at room temperature for more than two hours, as bacteria can begin to grow at temperatures between 40-140°F. If you need to store cooked vegetables for longer than two hours, it is best to refrigerate them or freeze them for later use .
Are Grilled Vegetables Healthy?
Grilled vegetables are a healthy addition to any diet. They are low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Grilling vegetables also allows them to retain more of their nutrients than other cooking methods, as they are not boiled or fried.
Are Grilled Vegetables Keto?
Grilled vegetables can be a great addition to a keto diet, as they are low in carbs and high in fiber. However, it’s important to pay attention to the types of vegetables you choose, as some are higher in carbs than others.
Stick to low-carb vegetables like asparagus, zucchini, and cauliflower, and avoid starchy vegetables like potatoes and corn.
Grilling vegetables is a delicious and healthy way to add more veggies to your diet. With so many different vegetables to choose from, there are endless possibilities for creating delicious grilled vegetable dishes. By following some simple tips and tricks, you can get the best results when grilling vegetables and create dishes that are both nutritious and flavorful. So fire up the grill and start experimenting with different vegetables to find your favorites!
- Where To Source High-Quality Fresh Produce For Your Restaurant - March 20, 2023
- McDonald’s Dollar Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023
- Sonic Drive Thru Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023