Last Updated on October 5, 2022 by Lauren Beck
Ramen is one of the favorite foods of both college students and busy professionals. It’s easy to see why – it’s fast, cheap, and filling. But ramen can also be pretty unhealthy, loaded with sodium and MSG.
Ramen is a versatile dish – you can add almost anything to it and it will taste good. One way to make ramen healthier is to ditch the seasoning packet that comes with it and add your own fresh ingredients.
There are a few schools of thought when it comes to ramen seasoning. Some people prefer to keep it simple, using only salt and pepper to season their noodles. Others like to go all out, adding a variety of spices and flavorings to their ramen to create a truly unique dish.
Instant ramen hacks that will make it taste even better
Here are some Ramen hacks that will take your dish to the next level:
- Add a runny egg: This is a classic ramen hack that will take your noodles to the next level. The egg provides protein and creaminess, and it also helps to thicken the broth.
- Add some sriracha: If you like things spicy, sriracha is a great addition to ramen. It will add a kick of heat that will really wake up your taste buds.
- Add some vegetables: Ramen is a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Try adding shredded carrots, chopped green onions, or bean sprouts.
- Add a protein: Chicken, shrimp, and tofu are all great additions to ramen. They will help to make it a more complete meal and will also add some extra flavor.
- Add a dairy product: Dairy products like milk, cream, or cheese can really transform ramen. They will add richness and depth of flavor that you didn’t even know was possible.
How do I make my own ramen seasoning?
Making your own ramen seasoning is really easy – all you need is a few basic spices and some creativity.
Start with a base of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then, add in any other spices or flavorings that you like. Sesame seeds, ginger, and red pepper flakes are all great options.
Experiment until you find a combination that you like. Then, store your seasoning in a jar or container so that you can use it whenever you make ramen.
What can I add to noodles for flavor?
There are a few things you can add to noodles for flavor:
- Soy sauce – Soy sauce is a classic flavoring for noodles. It has a rich, salty flavor that pairs well with almost anything.
- Vinegar – Vinegar is another great option for adding flavor to noodles. It can be used in place of soy sauce or as an additional flavoring.
- Sesame oil – Sesame oil is a flavorful oil that can be used to add flavor to noodles. A little goes a long way, so start with a small amount and then add more to taste.
- Chili oil – Chili oil is a great way to add heat to noodles. It can be used in place of sesame oil or as an additional flavoring.
- Cheese – Cheese is a great way to add creaminess and flavor to noodles. Try adding grated Parmesan cheese, shredded mozzarella, or crumbled feta cheese.
- Fresh herbs or spices – Fresh herbs and spices can really brighten up noodles. Try adding chopped green onions, fresh ginger, or crushed red pepper flakes.
Is ramen OK without seasoning?
Ramen noodles are cooked in water, so they will be flavorless without some kind of seasoning. The packet that comes with instant ramen is full of salt and MSG, so it’s best to ditch it and season your ramen with fresh ingredients instead.
Is ramen good for health?
Ramen noodles are made from wheat flour, water, and salt . They don’t contain any artificial colors or flavors, and they’re low in calories. However, they’re also high in sodium and carbs, so they’re not the best choice if you’re looking for a healthy meal.
To make your ramen more healthful, ditch the seasoning packet and add fresh ingredients like vegetables, protein, and dairy. You can also use low-sodium broth or water to cook your noodles.
If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to ramen noodles, consider using soba noodles instead. Soba noodles are made from buckwheat, which is a whole grain that’s high in fiber and protein. You can also find soba noodles that are made from a mix of buckwheat and wheat flour.
Another option is to use rice noodles in your ramen. Rice noodles are lower in calories and carbs than ramen noodles, and they’re also gluten-free.
To make your ramen healthier, start by cooking the noodles yourself.
Is ramen good for weight loss?
Ramen noodles are high in carbs and calories, so they’re not the best choice if you’re trying to lose weight. However, they can be a part of a healthy diet if you choose the right toppings and cook them yourself.
Ramen noodles are a quick and easy meal, but they can be high in calories and sodium. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, try making your own ramen with fresh ingredients or using soba noodles or rice noodles. You can also ditch the seasoning packet and add healthy toppings like vegetables, protein, and dairy.
- 8 Best Jack In The Box Sauces To Try (2023 Updated) - June 2, 2023
- Does Chick Fil a Soak Their Chicken in Pickle Juice? - June 2, 2023
- Longhorn Steakhouse Catering Menu & Prices - June 2, 2023