Last Updated on April 21, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Sausage gravy is a delicious breakfast staple, but it’s not always easy to gauge how much to make. If you have leftover sausage gravy, don’t let it go to waste! There are plenty of ways to repurpose this savory sauce.
In this article, we’ll explore ten different ways to use leftover sausage gravy and answer some common questions about storing and reheating this beloved breakfast dish.
10 Things to Do With Leftover Sausage Gravy:
- Biscuits and Gravy: This classic dish is a no-brainer for leftover sausage gravy. Just bake a batch of fresh biscuits and spoon the gravy over the top.
- Gravy Fries: Drizzle leftover sausage gravy over a pile of crispy French fries for a decadent snack.
- Gravy-Stuffed Meatloaf: Add leftover sausage gravy to your favorite meatloaf recipe for an extra punch of flavor.
- Gravy-Stuffed Mushrooms: Stuff mushroom caps with sausage gravy and top with shredded cheese for a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Gravy-Stuffed Potatoes: Scoop out the centers of baked potatoes and fill them with sausage gravy for a hearty side dish.
- Gravy-Stuffed Peppers: Stuff bell peppers with leftover sausage gravy and rice for a delicious dinner.
- Gravy-Stuffed Meatballs: Mix sausage gravy into your favorite meatball recipe for a moist and flavorful twist.
- Gravy-Topped Pizza: Use leftover sausage gravy as a pizza sauce and top it with your favorite toppings for a unique and delicious pizza.
- Gravy Omelette: Add leftover sausage gravy to your favorite omelet recipe for a hearty and satisfying breakfast.
- Gravy Soup: Mix leftover sausage gravy with chicken broth and vegetables for a hearty and savory soup.
Can You Save Leftover Sausage Gravy?
Yes, you can save leftover sausage gravy. Just transfer it to an airtight container and store it in the refrigerator for up to four days or in the freezer for up to three months.
How Long Is Sausage Gravy Good for After Cooked?
Sausage gravy is good for up to four days after it’s cooked if stored properly in the refrigerator. If you want to keep it longer, you can freeze it for up to three months.
Is Sausage Gravy Good the Next Day?
Yes, sausage gravy is delicious the next day. In fact, many people think it’s even better after the flavors have had time to meld together.
How Long Is Sausage Gravy Good Refrigerated?
Sausage gravy is good for up to four days in the refrigerator if stored properly in an airtight container.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Sausage Gravy?
To reheat leftover sausage gravy, you can microwave it in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until heated through. Alternatively, you can heat it up in a saucepan over low heat, occasionally stirring, until heated through.
How Many Times Can You Reheat Sausage Gravy?
You should only reheat sausage gravy once. After that, it should be discarded to avoid the risk of foodborne illness.
How Do You Thicken Leftover Sausage Gravy?
If your leftover sausage gravy is too thin, you can thicken it by adding a little flour or cornstarch.
Mix a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch with a tablespoon of water until it forms a smooth paste. Whisk the paste into the gravy and cook over medium heat until it thickens up.
Can I Freeze Leftover Sausage Gravy?
Yes, you can freeze leftover sausage gravy for up to three months. Just transfer it to an airtight container or freezer bag and label it with the date and contents. When you’re ready to use it, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and reheat it according to your preferred method.
How Can You Tell if Gravy Has Gone Bad?
If your gravy has gone bad, it will have a sour or off smell and may have mold growing on it . If it looks or smells suspicious, it’s best to err on the side of caution and discard it.
Leftover sausage gravy can be transformed into many delicious dishes, from breakfast favorites like biscuits and gravy to savory appetizers like stuffed mushrooms. It’s important to store leftover sausage gravy properly in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat it thoroughly before eating. By following these tips, you can make the most of your leftover sausage gravy and enjoy it in new and creative ways.
- How to Make Congee With Leftover Rice? - May 30, 2023
- Can I Use Condensed Creamer Instead of Condensed Milk? - May 30, 2023
- How to Fix Mushy Meatloaf After Cooking? - May 30, 2023