Last Updated on May 11, 2023 by Lauren Beck
I always seem to have leftover pita chips lying around in my pantry. And while they make a great snack independently, there are plenty of creative ways to use them.
From using them as a crust for quiche to adding crunch to a salad, pita chips are versatile ingredient that can add flavor and texture to your favorite dishes.
In this article, I’ll share some of my favorite ways to use up leftover pita chips so that you can make the most out of this delicious snack.
10 Ways to Use Leftover Pita Chips
- Make a Panzanella salad by tossing chopped pita chips with tomatoes, cucumbers, and a vinaigrette dressing.
- Crush pita chips and use them as a topping for macaroni and cheese or other baked pasta dishes.
- Use them to make a crust for a quiche or savory tart.
- Add crushed pita chips to your favorite meatball recipe for texture and flavor.
- Use them as a topping for roasted vegetables or a crunchy stir-fry addition.
- Make a pita chip-crusted chicken by coating chicken breasts with crushed pita chips and baking in the oven.
- Use them to make a savory bread pudding with eggs, cheese, and vegetables.
- Mix them with melted chocolate and nuts for a sweet, salty dessert bark.
- Use them as a base for mini pizzas by topping them with sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings.
- Use them as a crunchy topping for a Greek-inspired salad with feta cheese, olives, and red onion.
What Are Pita Chips Used For?
Pita chips are a popular snack food made from toasted or fried pita bread. They are often used as a substitute for traditional chips and crackers and can be enjoyed with dips, spreads, and toppings.
Pita chips are a versatile snack that can be used in many different ways, such as:
- As a base for bruschetta or crostini
- Crumbled and used as a topping for salads or soups
- Crushed and used as a breading for chicken or fish
- Used as a topping for hummus or other dips
- Eaten as a snack on their own
How To Make Pita Chips?
Making pita chips at home is easy and cost-effective. Here’s a simple recipe to try:
- 4-6 pita bread rounds
- Olive oil
- Optional seasonings (garlic powder, paprika, cumin)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut the pita bread rounds into small triangles or wedges.
- Spread the pita chips out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle olive oil over the pita chips and sprinkle with salt and any desired seasonings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before serving.
Are Pita Chips Healthy?
Compared to traditional chips, pita chips are a healthier option . They are often made with whole wheat pita bread, a good fiber source, and complex carbohydrates.
Pita chips are also lower in calories and fat than many other snack foods. However, it’s important to keep portion sizes in mind, as overindulging can lead to excess calorie intake.
How Long Can Pita Chips Last?
Pita chips can last for several months when stored properly. The best way to keep them fresh is to store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
This will help prevent moisture from getting in and causing the chips to become stale.
How to Store Pita Chips?
Simply place pita chips in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag to store them. Make sure to remove as much air as possible before sealing to help prevent staleness.
How Do You Freshen Stale Pita Chips?
If your pita chips have gone stale, don’t worry! There are a few simple tricks you can use to freshen them up. Try:
- Heating them in the oven for a few minutes to crisp them up
- Spraying them lightly with water and microwaving them for 10-15 seconds
- Tossing them with a bit of olive oil and toasting them in a skillet over medium-high heat
What Do Pita Chips Taste Good With?
Pita chips pair well with a variety of dips and spreads, such as:
- Baba ganoush
- Spinach and artichoke dip
They also make a great accompaniment to salads, soups, and stews.
In my experience, pita chips are one of those snacks that always seem to be leftover. But don’t let them go to waste! There are endless possibilities for using up these crunchy little triangles.
Whether you’re using them to add texture to a salad, as a base for dips and spreads, or as a crust for a quiche, pita chips are a versatile ingredient that can elevate any dish. And the best part? They’re easy to make at home, so you can always have a fresh batch on hand.
So next time you have some leftover pita chips, get creative and try one of these delicious ideas.
- 8 Best Jack In The Box Sauces To Try (2023 Updated) - June 2, 2023
- Does Chick Fil a Soak Their Chicken in Pickle Juice? - June 2, 2023
- Longhorn Steakhouse Catering Menu & Prices - June 2, 2023