Last Updated on January 18, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Vodka sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes. But, if you’re using jarred vodka sauce, you may find that it needs a little bit of extra flavor.
What to Add to Vodka Sauce From a Jar?
Here are 15 things you can add to jarred vodka sauce to make it even better:
- Garlic: Add some minced garlic to give the sauce a nice, savory flavor.
- Onion: Add some finely diced onion for a bit of sweetness and depth of flavor.
- Red pepper flakes: If you like your sauce with a bit of heat, add some red pepper flakes.
- Dried herbs: Add some dried basil, oregano, or thyme for a nice herby flavor.
- Fresh herbs: If you have fresh herbs on hand, chop them up and add them to the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: Grate some Parmesan cheese and add it to the sauce for a bit of nuttiness.
- Ricotta cheese: Add some ricotta cheese to make the sauce creamier.
- Cream cheese: Mix in some cream cheese for a richer, creamier sauce.
- Sour cream: Stir in some sour cream to give the sauce a tangy flavor.
- Lemon juice: Add a squeeze of lemon juice for a bit of acidity and brightness.
- Capers: Add some capers for a nice salty, briny flavor.
- Olives: Add some chopped olives for a bit of richness and depth of flavor.
- Anchovies: If you like a bit of umami flavor, add some chopped anchovies.
- Pancetta: Add some diced pancetta or bacon for a smoky, salty flavor.
- Sun-dried tomatoes: Add some chopped sun-dried tomatoes for a nice sweetness and depth of flavor.
How to Make Jarred Vodka Sauce Better?
Here are a few tips for making jarred vodka sauce better:
- Sauté some minced garlic and diced onion in a bit of olive oil before adding the jarred sauce. This will add depth of flavor and sweetness to the sauce.
- Add some red pepper flakes or a pinch of cayenne pepper for a bit of heat.
- Add some dried herbs, such as basil, oregano, or thyme, for a nice herby flavor.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice for a bit of acidity and brightness.
- Stir in some grated Parmesan cheese for a bit of nuttiness.
- Mix in some cream cheese or sour cream to make the sauce creamier.
Pro Tips for Success
- Taste the sauce as you go and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- You can always add more, but you can’t take away. So, start with a small amount of any ingredient and add more as needed.
- Experiment with different ingredients to find what you like best.
What Type of Vodka to Use?
When making vodka sauce, it’s best to use a high-quality vodka. Avoid using a cheap, low-quality vodka as it can impart unwanted flavors to the sauce. A medium-priced vodka is a good option.
Can I Make It Alcohol Free?
Yes, you can make vodka sauce without alcohol. Simply omit the vodka from the recipe and add a bit of extra tomato sauce or broth to make up for the liquid.
Can I Start With Jarred Vodka Sauce?
Yes, you can start with jarred vodka sauce, and then add ingredients to enhance the flavor. This is a quick and easy way to make a delicious vodka sauce.
Can I Freeze Vodka Sauce?
Yes, vodka sauce can be frozen. Simply let it cool completely and then transfer it to a freezer-safe container. It will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Is Vodka Sauce Gluten-Free?
Vodka sauce is typically gluten-free, but it’s always best to check the label of the jarred sauce or check with the recipe to make sure it doesn’t contain any gluten-containing ingredients.
How To Mask The Vodka Taste In Vodka Sauce?
If you’re not a fan of the vodka taste in vodka sauce, there are a few things you can do to mask it:
- Cook the sauce for a longer time to allow the alcohol to cook off.
- Add more tomato sauce or broth to the recipe to dilute the vodka flavor.
- Add more flavorful ingredients, such as garlic, onion, and herbs, to help mask the vodka taste.
How To Make Jar Vodka Sauce Creamier?
To make jar vodka sauce creamier, add some ingredients such as cream cheese, sour cream, or Greek yogurt . You can also add some heavy cream or half and half. Be sure to stir it in well to make sure it’s fully incorporated.
Vodka sauce is a delicious and versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes. If you’re using jarred vodka sauce, you may find that it needs a little bit of extra flavor. By adding ingredients such as garlic, onion, red pepper flakes, Parmesan cheese, and heavy cream, you can make jarred vodka sauce taste even better. You can also make vodka sauce without alcohol or gluten-free by omitting the vodka or checking the ingredients. With these tips, you can make a delicious vodka sauce that is sure to impress.