Last Updated on February 24, 2024 by Lauren Beck
Girl Scout Cookies have been a cherished indulgence for countless individuals over the years. Not only are these treats incredibly tasty, but they also contribute to the Girl Scouts’ efforts in empowering young girls. However, with an array of cookie options, it can be challenging to determine the top choice.
12 Most Popular Girl Scout Cookies
- Thin Mints – These chocolate-covered mint cookies are a classic that has been around since the 1960s and continues to be a favorite among customers.
- Samoas/Caramel deLites – These cookies are made with a caramel and coconut coating and are drizzled with dark chocolate stripes.
- Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties – These cookies feature a layer of peanut butter on top of a shortbread cookie and are coated in chocolate.
- Trefoils/Shortbread – These classic shortbread cookies are simple and buttery in taste.
- Do-si-dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich – These cookies are made with two oatmeal sandwich cookies filled with creamy peanut butter.
- Lemon-ups – These cookies are a crispy lemon cookie with an inspiring message on every wrapper.
- S’mores – These cookies are a chocolate and graham sandwich cookie with a chocolate and marshmallow filling.
- Toffee-tastic – These gluten-free cookies are made with buttery toffee bits and have 7 grams of sugar per serving.
- Rah-Rah Raisins – These whole grain oatmeal raisin cookies have a unique texture and flavor.
- Thanks-A-Lot – These rich, shortbread cookies dipped in rich fudge and have a message of gratitude on every wrapper.
- Trios – These gluten-free peanut butter oatmeal cookie made with whole grain.
- Savannah Smiles – These lemon wedge-shaped cookies dusted in powdered sugar.
What Is the Best-Selling Girl Scout Cookie?
The Thin Mint cookie is the best-selling Girl Scout cookie. This chocolate covered mint cookie is a classic that has been around since the 1960s and continues to be a favorite among customers.
How to Buy Girl Scout Cookies?
Girl Scout Cookies are typically sold by Girl Scouts themselves during their annual cookie sales season, which runs from January to April. You can also buy cookies online through the Girl Scouts’ digital cookie platform, which allows customers to purchase cookies directly from scouts and have them shipped to their homes.
What Is the Newest Cookie From Girl Scouts?
The newest cookie from Girl Scouts is the Trios, a gluten-free peanut butter oatmeal cookie made with whole grain. It is launched in 2020.
Are Girl Scout Cookies Just Keebler?
No, Girl Scout Cookies are not made by Keebler. They are made by two licensed bakers, ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers, which have been producing Girl Scout Cookies for over 50 years.
What Girl Scout Cookie Has the Least Amount of Sugar?
The Toffee-tastic cookie has the least amount of sugar among all Girl Scout Cookies. These gluten-free cookies are made with buttery toffee bits and have 7 grams of sugar per serving.
What Happens to Unsold Girl Scout Cookies?
Unsold Girl Scout Cookies are donated to local charities and non-profit organizations through the Girl Scouts’ Gift of Caring program. These cookies can also be used to support Girl Scouts troops and council activities.
Have Girl Scout Cookies Gotten Smaller?
Some people have noticed that Girl Scout Cookies have gotten smaller in recent years, but this is not the case for all cookies and it varies by brand and type of cookie.
Are Girl Scout Cookies Junk Food?
Girl Scout Cookies are a treat and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. However, some of the cookies like Trios, Rah-Rah Raisins and Lemon-ups have whole grains, which can be considered as healthier options.
History of Girl Scout Cookies:
Girl Scouts have sold Girl Scout cookies since 1917, with the first known sale taking place in Muskogee, Oklahoma . The cookies were originally made by Girl Scouts themselves, often with the help of their mothers, and were sold door-to-door or at local events. In the 1920s, commercial bakers began producing the cookies, and by 1936, Girl Scout Cookies were being sold nationwide. Today, Girl Scout Cookies are one of the most popular and recognizable treats in the United States, with over 200 million boxes sold each year.
Girl Scout Cookies are more than just a delicious treat; they also support the Girl Scouts organization and its mission of empowering young girls. The Thin Mint cookie is the best-selling Girl Scout cookie, and continues to be a classic favorite among customers. Girl Scout Cookies are typically sold by Girl Scouts during their annual cookie sales season and can be bought online. These cookies have a rich history dating back to 1917, and continue to be one of the most popular and recognizable treats in the United States.