Last Updated on March 26, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Oat milk has become an increasingly popular dairy-free milk alternative in recent years, and for good reason. It is creamy, delicious, and easy to find in most grocery stores. However, with so many different brands of oat milk on the market, it can be difficult to know which one is the best tasting.
In this article, we will explore some of the top oat milk brands and help you make an informed decision about which one to try.
10 Best Tasting Oat Milk
- Oatly: Oatly is one of the most popular oat milk brands, and for good reason. It has a creamy, smooth texture and a subtle sweetness that makes it great for adding to coffee or cereal.
- Planet Oat: Planet Oat is another great option that is both creamy and flavorful. It has a slightly nutty taste that pairs well with smoothies or baked goods.
- Califia Farms: Califia Farms oat milk is made with gluten-free oats and has a rich, creamy texture that is perfect for lattes or cappuccinos.
- Silk: Silk’s oat milk is smooth and creamy with a mild, slightly sweet flavor that makes it a great addition to smoothies or baked goods.
- Chobani: Chobani’s oat milk is made with organic oats and has a creamy, smooth texture with a hint of sweetness.
- Happy Planet: Happy Planet oat milk is organic and non-GMO, with a creamy texture and a slightly nutty flavor.
- Minor Figures: Minor Figures oat milk is perfect for coffee lovers, with a smooth, creamy texture and a slightly sweet flavor that pairs well with espresso.
- Pacific Foods: Pacific Foods oat milk is rich and creamy with a subtle sweetness that makes it a great addition to coffee or cereal.
- Elmhurst: Elmhurst’s oat milk is made with just two ingredients – oats and water – and has a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for making lattes or cappuccinos.
- Quaker Oat Beverage: Quaker’s oat milk is made with whole grain oats and has a creamy, smooth texture that is perfect for adding to coffee or smoothies.
Why Is Oat Milk Good?
Oat milk is a great dairy-free alternative to traditional cow’s milk, and it has several benefits. It is lower in fat and calories than whole milk, and it contains no cholesterol or lactose. Oat milk is also a good source of fiber, protein, and vitamins such as vitamin D and calcium.
Is Oat Milk Healthy?
Yes, oat milk can be a healthy choice for many people. It is lower in fat and calories than whole milk, and it contains no cholesterol or lactose. Oat milk is also a good source of fiber, protein, and vitamins such as vitamin D and calcium.
However, it is important to note that not all oat milk brands are created equal, and some may contain added sugars or other additives that can be unhealthy.
What Are the Potential Downsides to Oat Milk?
While oat milk can be a healthy choice for many people, there are some potential downsides to be aware of.
Some oat milk brands may contain added sugars or other additives that can be unhealthy, so it is important to read the label carefully.
Additionally, some people may be allergic to oats or may experience digestive issues when consuming oat milk.
How Can I Make Oat Milk at Home?
Making oat milk at home is easy and affordable. Simply blend rolled oats with water and strain the mixture through a cheesecloth or nut milk bag. Add a pinch of salt and sweetener if desired, and enjoy!
For a creamier texture, try adding a tablespoon of coconut oil or nut butter.
Is Oat Milk Gluten-Free?
Oat milk is not inherently gluten-free, as oats can become contaminated with gluten during processing.
However, many oat milk brands are now certified gluten-free, so it is important to look for this certification on the label if you have a gluten sensitivity or allergy.
What Does Oat Milk Taste Like?
Oat milk has a creamy, slightly sweet flavor with a subtle nuttiness. It is a great dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk, and it pairs well with coffee, cereal, and smoothies.
Is Oat Milk Better Than Almond Milk?
Both oat milk and almond milk are great dairy-free alternatives to cow’s milk, and the choice ultimately comes down to personal preference.
Oat milk is creamier and has a slightly sweeter flavor than almond milk, while almond milk is lighter and nuttier in flavor.
Both are good sources of nutrients and can be a healthy choice, depending on the brand.
How Much Oat Milk Should I Drink per Day?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the amount of oat milk you should consume depends on your individual dietary needs and preferences.
However, as with any food or beverage, it is important to consume oat milk in moderation and balance it with a variety of other nutrient-rich foods .
Oat milk is a delicious and nutritious dairy-free alternative to cow’s milk, and there are many great-tasting brands to choose from. When selecting an oat milk brand, it is important to look for one that is certified gluten-free and contains no added sugars or other unhealthy additives. Whether you prefer a creamy texture or a nutty flavor, there is an oat milk brand out there that is sure to satisfy your taste buds.