Last Updated on March 30, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Caesar salad is a classic dish that has been enjoyed for generations. But what makes a Caesar salad so delicious is the dressing. With so many bottled options available on the market, it can be difficult to determine which one is the best.
In this article, we’ll take a look at the 10 best bottled Caesar dressings, as well as some tips for choosing the right one for you.
10 Best Bottled Caesar Dressing
- Cardini’s Caesar Dressing
- Ken’s Steak House Caesar Dressing
- Marie’s Caesar Dressing
- Newman’s Own Caesar Dressing
- Primal Kitchen Caesar Dressing
- Girard’s Caesar Dressing
- Wish-Bone Creamy Caesar Dressing
- Tessemae’s Organic Caesar Dressing
- Annie’s Naturals Organic Caesar Dressing
- Bolthouse Farms Caesar Parmigiano Dressing
What Is Caesar Dressing?
Caesar dressing is a creamy and tangy dressing that is typically made with ingredients such as egg yolks, garlic, lemon juice, Parmesan cheese, and anchovies. It is commonly used in Caesar salads, but can also be used as a dipping sauce or marinade.
Tips When Looking for a Caesar Dressing
When looking for a Caesar dressing, here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Look for a dressing that contains high-quality ingredients and no artificial preservatives or flavors.
- Consider your dietary restrictions and look for dressings that are low in calories, fat, or sodium if necessary.
- Check the expiration date and choose a dressing with a longer shelf life if you don’t plan on using it right away.
- Experiment with different brands and types of Caesar dressings to find your favorite.
What Is Real Caesar Salad Dressing Made Of?
Real Caesar salad dressing is made of the following ingredients:
- Egg yolks
- Lemon juice
- Dijon mustard
- Worcestershire sauce
- Anchovy fillets
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Does Bottled Caesar Dressing Have Anchovies?
Not all bottled Caesar dressings have anchovies, but many do. Anchovies are a key ingredient in traditional Caesar dressing, as they add a rich, salty flavor to the dressing.
However, some people may not like the taste of anchovies or may have dietary restrictions that prohibit them from consuming them. In that case, look for a Caesar dressing that is labeled as “anchovy-free.”
Which Is Better Caesar Dressing or Thousand Island?
Caesar dressing and Thousand Island dressing are both delicious options, but they have different flavors and ingredients.
Caesar dressing is typically made with garlic, Parmesan cheese, and anchovies, while Thousand Island dressing  is made with ketchup, mayonnaise, and sweet pickle relish.
Both dressings can be used in a variety of dishes, but it ultimately comes down to personal preference.
Is Caesar Dressing More Healthy Than Ranch?
In general, Caesar dressing is not necessarily more healthy than ranch dressing. Both dressings can be high in calories, fat, and sodium depending on the brand and type.
However, there are lower calorie and lower fat options available for both Caesar and ranch dressing. It’s important to read the labels and choose a dressing that fits your dietary needs and goals.
What Are the Two Types of Caesar Dressing?
There are two main types of Caesar dressing:
- Traditional Caesar dressing: This type of dressing is made with raw egg yolks, which are emulsified with oil to create a creamy texture. It also contains anchovies, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and lemon juice.
- Creamy Caesar dressing: This type of dressing is a variation of traditional Caesar dressing, but it is made with mayonnaise instead of raw egg yolks. It may also contain additional ingredients such as buttermilk or sour cream to give it a creamier texture.
Choosing the best bottled Caesar dressing can be a challenge, but by keeping these tips in mind and trying out different options, you’ll be sure to find one that you love. Whether you prefer a traditional Caesar dressing or a creamier version, there are plenty of delicious options available on the market. Just remember to read the labels and choose a dressing that fits your dietary needs and goals.