Last Updated on January 24, 2023 by Lauren Beck
A Supreme Pizza is a pizza that is loaded with a variety of toppings. It is a popular choice among pizza lovers who enjoy a variety of flavors and textures.
In this article, we will discuss what a Supreme Pizza typically has on it, the most popular toppings, cooking methods, tips to make a perfect pizza, and the cost of making a homemade Supreme Pizza.
10 Most Popular Toppings on a Supreme Pizza
- Pepperoni – Pepperoni is a classic topping that is made from a mixture of pork and beef and is seasoned with spices, it’s spicy and savory taste makes it a popular choice among pizza lovers.
- Sausage – Sausage is another classic topping that is made from ground pork, and it’s seasoned with a variety of spices. It’s rich flavor and texture pairs well with the cheese and other toppings on a Supreme Pizza.
- Mushroom – Mushroom is a popular topping among vegetarians and meat-eaters alike. It’s earthy flavor and meaty texture pairs well with other toppings on a Supreme Pizza.
- Onions – Onions are a staple topping that adds a sweet and savory flavor to a Supreme Pizza.
- Bell Peppers – Bell Peppers are another classic topping that adds a fresh and crunchy texture to a Supreme Pizza. They come in different colors like red, green, yellow and orange and they are a great source of vitamin C.
- Olives – Olives add a salty and tangy flavor to a Supreme Pizza. They are also a great source of healthy fats.
- Jalapenos – Jalapenos add a spicy kick to a Supreme Pizza. They are also a great source of vitamin C and capsaicin, which has been linked to a number of health benefits.
- Ham – Ham is a classic topping that adds a salty and smoky flavor to a Supreme Pizza.
- Pineapple – Pineapple is a tropical topping that adds a sweet and tangy flavor to a Supreme Pizza.
- Bacon – Bacon is a popular topping that adds a smoky and salty flavor to a Supreme Pizza. It’s a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Do I Need to Cook Toppings Before Adding them to the Supreme Pizza?
For most toppings, the answer is no. Meats like pepperoni, sausage, and bacon are usually precooked and can be added to the pizza raw. However, for vegetables like onions, bell peppers, and mushrooms, it’s best to sauté them first to soften them and release their flavors. This will also help prevent a soggy pizza.
How to Make Supreme Pizza?
Making a homemade Supreme Pizza is easy, and you don’t need any special tools or equipment. Here’s a basic recipe to get you started:
- 1 lb. pizza dough (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your choice of toppings (from the list above or your own preferences)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Roll out the pizza dough to your desired thickness.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the dough, leaving a little bit of space around the edges.
- Add the shredded cheese, followed by your toppings.
- Place the pizza on a baking sheet or pizza stone, and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
How Do You Get The Most Out Of Your Homemade Supreme Pizza?
- Use high-quality ingredients. The better the ingredients, the better the pizza will taste.
- Experiment with different toppings. Don’t be afraid to try new things and find your own personal favorite combination.
- Cook the pizza on a preheated surface. This will help the crust cook evenly and get that nice golden-brown color.
- Let the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing. This will help keep the toppings in place and prevent the pizza from becoming too soggy.
Do You Put the Supreme Pizza Toppings or Cheese on the Pizza First?
The cheese should be added first, before the toppings. This will help the toppings adhere to the pizza and prevent them from sliding off. The cheese will also help to keep the toppings in place as the pizza cooks.
What Cheese Is Best for Supreme Pizza?
Mozzarella cheese is the most common cheese used on pizza and is a great choice for a Supreme Pizza. However, other options like provolone, fontina, or gouda can also be used for a different flavor. If you want to mix it up, you can also try using a combination of different types of cheese.
Why Is My Homemade Pizza Soggy?
There are a few reasons why your homemade pizza may be coming out soggy:
- The dough may be too thick or not cooked long enough. Make sure to roll out the dough to your desired thickness and cook it for the recommended time.
- There may be too much sauce or toppings. Use a light hand when adding sauce and toppings to prevent the pizza from becoming too wet.
- The pizza may not be cooked on a preheated surface. Preheating the surface will help the crust cook evenly and prevent it from becoming soggy.
- The pizza may not be cooled properly before slicing. Letting the pizza cool for a few minutes before slicing will help the toppings set and prevent the pizza from becoming too soggy.
How Much Does It Cost to Make a Homemade Supreme Pizza?
The cost of a homemade Supreme Pizza will vary depending on the ingredients used and the quantity made. A basic Supreme Pizza made with store-bought dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings can cost anywhere from $10 to $20. However, using higher quality ingredients and making the dough and sauce from scratch can increase the cost.
Do You Need Special Tools to Make Pizza?
You don’t need any special tools to make pizza, but there are a few tools that can make the process easier :
- A rolling pin: To roll out the dough to your desired thickness.
- A baking sheet or pizza stone: To cook the pizza on.
- A pizza cutter: To easily slice the pizza once it’s cooked.
Supreme Pizza is a pizza that is loaded with a variety of toppings. It’s easy to make at home with store-bought dough, sauce, cheese, and your choice of toppings. To make the best pizza, use high-quality ingredients, preheat the oven, and experiment with different toppings to find your personal favorite combination. The cost of a homemade Supreme Pizza can range from $10 to $20 depending on the ingredients used.