Last Updated on February 21, 2023 by Lauren Beck
As a parent, it can be challenging to find drinks that your kids will enjoy while still being healthy and not overloaded with caffeine and sugar.
Fortunately, Starbucks has a range of kid-friendly drinks that are tasty, refreshing, and won’t send your little ones bouncing off the walls.
Here are some of the best options for your kids the next time you visit your local Starbucks.
What Are the Kid Friendly Drinks at Starbucks?
Here are the 15 Starbucks Drinks For Kids:
- Hot Chocolate: A classic favorite for kids, Starbucks’ hot chocolate is made with steamed milk and mocha syrup for a rich, chocolatey taste.
- Caramel Apple Spice: This warm, spiced drink is perfect for cooler weather, and it’s made with steamed apple juice, cinnamon syrup, and a dollop of whipped cream.
- Vanilla Bean Crème: This sweet and creamy drink is a hit with kids, and it’s made with steamed milk, vanilla bean powder, and whipped cream.
- Strawberry Smoothie: Made with real strawberries, ice, and a bit of orange juice, this smoothie is a delicious and refreshing option for kids.
- Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher: This fruity, caffeine-free drink is made with real fruit juice and is perfect for kids who love a sweet and tangy taste.
- Mango Dragonfruit Refresher: Another fruity, caffeine-free option, this drink is made with real mango and dragonfruit flavors and is perfect for a hot day.
- Iced White Tea Lemonade: Made with a blend of white tea and lemonade, this refreshing drink is perfect for kids who love a tart and citrusy taste.
- Pink Drink: The famous Starbucks Pink Drink is a hit with kids, and it’s made with strawberry acai juice, coconut milk, and a splash of passionfruit.
- Peach Green Tea Lemonade: This refreshing drink is a blend of green tea, peach syrup, and lemonade, making it perfect for kids who love a sweet and sour taste.
- Apple Juice: For a simple and refreshing option, Starbucks offers apple juice that’s perfect for kids on the go.
- Steamed Milk: For younger kids, steamed milk is a great option that’s warm and comforting, without any added flavors or sugar.
- Strawberry Milk: Made with steamed milk and strawberry syrup, this sweet and creamy drink is perfect for kids who love a fruity taste.
- Chocolate Milk: Another classic favorite, Starbucks’ chocolate milk is made with steamed milk and mocha syrup for a rich and chocolatey flavor.
- Crème Frappuccino: For a cold and creamy treat, the Crème Frappuccino is a hit with kids and is made with a blend of ice, milk, and vanilla bean powder.
- Caffè Misto: This warm and comforting drink is a blend of brewed coffee and steamed milk, and it’s a great option for older kids who want a taste of coffee without the caffeine.
Tips for Ordering Kids Drinks at Starbucks
When ordering drinks for your kids at Starbucks, keep the following tips in mind:
- Ask for less syrup or sugar. Most of Starbucks’ drinks are made with a lot of syrup and sugar, so ask for less if you want to cut down on the sweetness.
- Ask for no whipped cream. Whipped cream is often added to Starbucks drinks by default, but you can ask for it to be left off if you want to cut down on calories and sugar.
- Ask for a smaller size. Starbucks offers a range of sizes for their drinks, so consider getting a smaller size for your kids to avoid giving them too much sugar or caffeine.
Does Starbucks Have a Kids’ Menu?
Starbucks doesn’t have a specific kids’ menu, but they do offer a range of drinks that are perfect for children, as well as a selection of snacks and breakfast items that are kid-friendly.
While there are no set options for kids, you can always ask the barista for recommendations or modifications to drinks that will make them more suitable for your child.
What Can Toddlers Drink From Starbucks?
For toddlers, simple drinks like steamed milk or apple juice are great options. You can also ask for a smaller size of any of the other drinks on the menu, like hot chocolate or a fruit smoothie, to make it more toddler-friendly.
Just be sure to keep an eye on the sugar content, as many Starbucks drinks can be quite sweet.
Can a 10-Year-Old Drink Starbucks Coffee?
Technically, Starbucks coffee is not recommended for children, as it contains caffeine.
However, the Caffè Misto, which is a blend of brewed coffee and steamed milk, is a lower-caffeine option that may be suitable for older kids. It’s always best to check with your child’s doctor to see what’s appropriate for their age and caffeine tolerance.
Is Starbucks Pink Drink Kid-Friendly?
The Starbucks Pink Drink is a popular drink for kids, but it does contain caffeine from the green coffee extract that’s used in the strawberry acai juice. While the caffeine content is relatively low, it may not be suitable for all children.
If you’re concerned about the caffeine, you can ask for a decaf version or opt for one of the other fruity refresher drinks that are caffeine-free.
What if I Want Less Sugar in the Drinks I Order for My Kids?
Many of the drinks on the Starbucks menu are quite sweet, but you can ask for less syrup or sugar to reduce the sweetness. You can also ask for non-dairy milk, like soy or almond milk, which is lower in sugar than regular milk.
Finally, you can always ask the barista for recommendations for drinks that are lower in sugar or for modifications to existing drinks that will make them more suitable for your child.
Does Hot Cocoa at Starbucks Have Caffeine?
Starbucks’ hot chocolate does not contain caffeine , as it’s made with steamed milk and mocha syrup. However, if you’re concerned about caffeine, you can always double-check with the barista to ensure that no caffeine has been added.
When it comes to finding kid-friendly drinks at Starbucks, there are plenty of options to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a warm and comforting drink or a cold and refreshing smoothie, there’s something for every taste and preference. Just be sure to keep an eye on the sugar and caffeine content, and don’t be afraid to ask for modifications to make drinks more suitable for your child. With a little bit of creativity and experimentation, you’re sure to find the perfect drink for your little one at Starbucks.
- Where To Source High-Quality Fresh Produce For Your Restaurant - March 20, 2023
- McDonald’s Dollar Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023
- Sonic Drive Thru Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023