Last Updated on March 8, 2023 by Lauren Beck
As a bartender, your job involves being on your feet for long hours, which can be exhausting and put a lot of stress on your feet. That’s why it’s essential to find the best shoes for bartenders that provide comfort, support, and slip-resistance.
In this article, we will look what are the best shoes for bartenders, what to look for in bartender shoes, and whether you need specific shoes for bartending.
10 Best Shoes for Bartenders
- Crocs Bistro Clog – These clogs are designed with Crocs Lock slip-resistant treads and an enclosed toe design for maximum protection. They’re also made with Croslite foam for all-day comfort and support.
- Skechers Work Sure Track – These shoes have a slip-resistant outsole and a memory foam insole for added comfort. The synthetic leather upper is easy to clean and maintain.
- Dansko Professional Clog – Dansko is known for their comfortable clogs, and the Professional Clog is no exception. It has a slip-resistant outsole, a contoured footbed for arch support, and a roomy toe box for comfort.
- Birkenstock Professional Unisex Slip Resistant Work Shoe – These shoes have a slip-resistant outsole and a cork footbed for comfort and support. They also have an adjustable strap for a secure fit.
- New Balance Slip-Resistant 626v2 – These sneakers have a slip-resistant outsole and a supportive midsole for all-day comfort. They also have a leather upper for durability and easy cleaning.
- Mozo Sharkz Slip-Resistant Work Shoe – These shoes have a slip-resistant outsole and a gel-cushioned insole for added comfort. They also have a water-resistant upper for protection from spills.
- Emeril Lagasse Men’s Read Slip-Resistant Shoe – These shoes were designed by celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse and have a slip-resistant outsole and a memory foam insole for added comfort. They also have a leather upper for durability.
- Vans Classic Slip-On – These classic sneakers have a slip-resistant outsole and a padded collar for comfort. They’re also easy to slip on and off, making them a convenient option for bartenders.
- Timberland PRO Renova Professional Slip-On – These shoes have a slip-resistant outsole and a shock-absorbing heel for added comfort. They also have a moisture-wicking lining to keep your feet dry.
- Alegria Women’s Paloma Flat – These shoes have a slip-resistant outsole and a removable insole for customizable comfort. They also have a leather upper for durability and easy cleaning.
What to Look for in Bartender Shoes?
When looking for shoes for bartending, there are several factors to consider, including:
- Comfort: Your shoes should provide cushioning and support to prevent fatigue and strain on your feet.
- Slip-resistance: Bartenders work in environments where spills and wet surfaces are common, making slip-resistance a crucial factor to consider.
- Durability: Bartenders need shoes that can withstand the rigors of daily use, including frequent exposure to spills, cleaning chemicals, and other hazards.
- Style: While comfort and slip-resistance are the most important factors, bartenders also want shoes that look good and match their work attire.
Do I Need Specific Shoes for Bartending?
While you can technically wear any shoes to bartend, it’s highly recommended to wear shoes specifically designed for the job.
Bartender shoes are designed with slip-resistant soles to prevent falls and injuries, cushioning to support your feet during long shifts, and durable materials to withstand the daily wear and tear of the job.
Are Running Shoes Good for Bartending?
While running shoes provide comfort and support, they are not ideal for bartending because they lack slip-resistance, which is essential in a fast-paced, high-risk environment.
Running shoes also tend to have a softer sole, which can make it harder to maintain balance on wet and slippery surfaces.
How Do You Know if Your Shoes Are Slip-Resistant?
To determine if your shoes are slip-resistant, look for the following features :
- A non-slip sole made from rubber or other slip-resistant materials
- A tread pattern designed to provide traction on wet and slippery surfaces
- A certification from an industry-standard testing organization, such as ASTM International or the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI)
Do Bartenders Have to Wear Non-slip Shoes?
While the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) does not require bartenders to wear non-slip shoes, it does recommend them as a safety measure to prevent slips, trips, and falls in the workplace. Many employers also require their bartenders to wear slip-resistant shoes as part of their uniform policy.
What Are the Most Comfortable Shoes for a Bartender?
The most comfortable shoes for a bartender are those that provide ample cushioning and support, with a slip-resistant sole and durable materials.
Some of the most popular brands for comfortable bartender shoes include Crocs, Skechers, Dansko, Birkenstock, and New Balance. However, everyone’s feet are different, so it’s essential to try on different shoes and find the ones that work best for you.
Finding the best shoes for bartenders is essential for ensuring comfort, safety, and support during long hours on your feet. Look for shoes with slip-resistant soles, durable materials, and ample cushioning to prevent fatigue and strain on your feet. While you can technically wear any shoes to bartend, it’s highly recommended to wear shoes specifically designed for the job to ensure your safety and comfort. With the 10 best shoes for bartenders and tips for what to look for in bartender shoes, you can find the perfect pair of shoes to help you excel in your bartending career.