Last Updated on February 9, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Eating fast food on a low-carb diet may seem like an impossible feat, but it doesn’t have to be. With more and more restaurants offering low-carb options, it’s easier than ever to stick to your diet while dining out.
In this article, we’ll discuss the 12 best low-carb fast food orders, why you would eat low-carb food, and tips for finding low-carb fast food options. Whether you’re following the ketogenic diet or just looking to reduce your carbohydrate intake, this article will help you make informed choices at your favorite fast food restaurants.
What Are the Best Low Carb Fast Food Restaurants?
Here are the 12 Best Low Carb Fast Food Orders:
- Lettuce wrapped burgers or bunless burgers
- Grilled chicken or chicken salads
- Steak or beef salads
- Grilled shrimp or shrimp salads
- Turkey or ham deli sandwiches
- Grilled salmon or salmon salads
- Eggs and bacon from breakfast menus
- Low-carb protein bowls
- Cauliflower rice or vegetable-based sides
- Broth-based soups
- Greek yogurt or cottage cheese
- Salad dressings made with olive oil or vinegar
Why Would You Eat Low-Carb Food?
There are several reasons why someone might choose to eat low-carb food, including:
- Weight loss: Low-carb diets can be effective for weight loss, as they help to reduce hunger and lower insulin levels.
- Better blood sugar control: Low-carb diets can help to regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity.
- Increased energy: By reducing the amount of carbohydrates in your diet, you can increase the amount of healthy fats and proteins, which can provide sustained energy throughout the day.
- Improved heart health: Low-carb diets have been linked to improved cholesterol levels, reduced blood pressure, and reduced risk of heart disease.
Tips for Finding Low-Carb Fast Food Options:
- Look for menu items that are grilled, baked, or roasted, rather than fried.
- Avoid breaded and battered items, as well as starchy sides like french fries and mashed potatoes.
- Ask for dressings, sauces, and condiments on the side, so you can control the portion size.
- Look for salads with a variety of non-starchy vegetables, like lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
- Consider ordering from breakfast menus, as many breakfast items, like eggs and bacon, are naturally low in carbohydrates.
What Fast Food Has Lettuce Wrapped Burgers?
Many fast food restaurants now offer lettuce wrapped burgers or “bunless” burgers. This is a great option for those following a low-carb diet, as it eliminates the carb-heavy bun. Some popular fast food chains that offer lettuce wrapped burgers include McDonald’s, Burger King, and Wendy’s.
Is Rotisserie Chicken Keto?
Rotisserie chicken can be a great option for those following the ketogenic diet, as it is high in healthy fats and protein. Just be sure to remove the skin, as this is where most of the unhealthy fats are found.
What to Order When Eating Out While Doing Keto?
When eating out while following the ketogenic diet, look for menu items that are high in healthy fats and protein, and low in carbohydrates. Some good options include grilled chicken or steak, shrimp, eggs and bacon, and salad with a variety of non-starchy vegetables.
What Can I Get From Deli on Keto?:
At a deli, low-carb options may include sliced meats like turkey, roast beef, or ham, paired with cheese and leafy greens. Some delis may also offer a variety of keto-friendly salads, such as a Caesar or Greek salad without croutons or high-carb dressings. You can also consider ordering a low-carb wrap with your favorite deli meats, cheese, and veggies. Just be sure to ask for a low-carb or lettuce wrap, rather than a traditional wheat wrap.
Are Chicken Wings Ok on Keto?
Chicken wings can be a great option for those following a ketogenic diet. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the breading and sauces used on traditional wings may be high in carbs. To enjoy wings on a keto diet, opt for grilled or baked wings with a keto-friendly sauce, such as a hot sauce or ranch dressing.
How Much Chicken Can I Have On Keto?
The amount of chicken you can eat on a ketogenic diet  will depend on your daily calorie and macronutrient needs. As a general guideline, it’s recommended to aim for about 4-6 ounces of protein per meal. When it comes to chicken, it’s best to opt for grilled or baked options without added sugars or sauces. You can also consider pairing your chicken with low-carb vegetables, such as leafy greens or roasted vegetables, to help keep your carb intake in check.
When it comes to low-carb fast food options, it can be tough to know where to start. The good news is that many fast food restaurants now offer a range of low-carb options that cater to a variety of dietary needs. From lettuce wrapped burgers to rotisserie chicken and even deli options, there’s something for everyone. If you’re following a ketogenic diet, be sure to keep your portion sizes in mind and opt for healthy options like grilled chicken, leafy greens, and healthy fats. With a little bit of research and smart ordering, you can enjoy a delicious and low-carb meal on the go!
- What Is the Difference Between Vanilla and French Vanilla? - March 14, 2023
- What Goes in Ramen? - March 14, 2023
- What Are Sashimi Types of Sushi? - March 14, 2023