Last Updated on March 26, 2023 by Lauren Beck
P.F. Chang’s is a popular American Chinese restaurant chain known for its tasty cuisine and upscale ambiance. The restaurant offers a range of menu options, from traditional Chinese dishes to modern Asian-inspired flavors.
If you are a vegan, you might wonder what options are available for you at P.F. Chang’s. Fortunately, the restaurant has several vegan options to satisfy your taste buds.
In this article, we will explore some of the popular vegan dishes at P.F. Chang’s and provide tips on how to order vegan at the restaurant.
What Are PF Chang’s Vegan Options?
P.F. Chang’s has a separate menu for vegetarian and vegan dishes, making it easy for customers to identify vegan options. Some of the vegan dishes you should try at P.F. Chang’s include:
- Vegetable Spring Rolls – Crispy rolls filled with fresh vegetables, served with sweet and sour dipping sauce.
- Edamame – Steamed soybean pods lightly salted and served with dipping sauce.
- Steamed Dumplings – Handmade dumplings filled with vegetables and served with a savory sauce.
- Coconut Curry Vegetables – Fresh vegetables cooked in a creamy coconut curry sauce, served with steamed rice.
- Buddha’s Feast – Stir-fried tofu and vegetables in a savory sauce, served with steamed rice.
- Stir-Fried Eggplant – Tender eggplant stir-fried with garlic, ginger, and green onions in a spicy sauce, served with steamed rice.
- Ma Po Tofu – Silken tofu, shiitake mushrooms, and vegetables in a spicy Sichuan sauce, served with steamed rice.
- Fried Rice with Tofu – Stir-fried rice with vegetables and tofu, seasoned with soy sauce and spices.
- Sichuan-Style Asparagus – Fresh asparagus stir-fried with garlic, ginger, and Sichuan peppercorns, served with steamed rice.
These dishes are made with fresh ingredients and flavorful spices, providing a unique taste and texture.
Is PF Changs Fried Rice Vegan?
P.F. Chang’s Fried Rice is not vegan by default, as it contains eggs. However, you can ask the server to exclude the eggs and replace them with tofu to make it vegan-friendly.
Is Buddha’s Feast Vegan?
Buddha’s Feast is a popular vegan dish at P.F. Chang’s, consisting of stir-fried tofu, asparagus, shiitake mushrooms, broccoli, and carrots in a savory sauce. It is a healthy and delicious option for vegans.
Are P.F. Chang’s Lo Mein Vegan?
P.F. Chang’s Lo Mein is not vegan by default, as it contains egg noodles. However, you can ask the server to replace the egg noodles with rice noodles to make it vegan-friendly.
Are P.F. Chang’s Crispy Green Beans Vegan?
Yes, P.F. Chang’s Crispy Green Beans are vegan. They are lightly battered and fried until crispy, then tossed with a sweet and spicy sauce.
Is P.F. Chang’s Teriyaki Sauce Vegan?
P.F. Chang’s Teriyaki Sauce is not vegan by default, as it contains honey. However, you can ask the server to replace the honey with agave nectar to make it vegan-friendly.
How To Order Vegan at PF Chang’s?
If you are not sure which dishes are vegan at P.F. Chang’s, you can ask the server to provide you with a separate vegan menu. The menu lists all the vegan and vegetarian dishes available at the restaurant, making it easier for you to choose what to eat.
When ordering, make sure to specify that you are vegan and ask the server to exclude any animal products, such as meat, dairy, eggs, and fish, from your dish.
You can also ask for substitutions, such as replacing meat with tofu or vegetables.
Tips in Ordering Vegan at PF Chang’s
Here are some tips to help you order vegan at P.F. Chang’s:
- Ask for a separate vegan menu
- Specify that you are vegan and ask for substitutions
- Ask for the ingredients and cooking method to ensure that there are no animal products
- Be aware of cross-contamination with non-vegan dishes and utensils
- Be polite and patient with the server and kitchen staff
Are There Other Vegan Dishes Available at P.F. Chang’s That Are Not on the Regular Menu?
Yes, P.F. Chang’s occasionally offers seasonal and limited-time vegan dishes that are not available on the regular menu. You can ask the server or check the restaurant’s website or social media pages for updates on these special dishes.
In addition, you can also customize some of the non-vegan dishes to make them vegan-friendly.
For example, you can ask for the Kung Pao Chicken  to be made with tofu instead of chicken and exclude the peanuts, which are cooked in animal fat.
P.F. Chang’s offers a variety of vegan options for customers who prefer plant-based meals. From vegetable spring rolls to Buddha’s Feast, the vegan menu has something for everyone. When ordering at the restaurant, it is essential to communicate your dietary preferences to the server and ask for substitutions or modifications if needed. With the right approach, you can enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal at P.F. Chang’s as a vegan.