Last Updated on December 16, 2022 by Lauren Beck
If you’re looking for things to do in Jacksonville FL this New Year’s Eve, you won’t be disappointed. There are plenty of exciting things to keep you entertained as the clock strikes midnight. Whether you want to stay close to home or venture out with family and friends, here are some of the best things to do in Jacksonville FL this New Year’s Eve.
10 Things to Do for New Year’s Eve in Jacksonville
- Attend a New Year’s Eve Party: A great way to ring in the new year is to celebrate with friends and family at one of the many parties held around town. Check out local bars, nightclubs, and other venues for festive events featuring live music, drinks, and food.
- Go to a Comedy Show: Get your laugh on this New Year’s Eve at a local comedy show. Check out stand-up, improv, and variety shows for some good laughs with your loved ones.
- Go to the Movies: Spend your New Year’s Eve at the movies! There are plenty of theaters around town showing first-run films, so you’re sure to find something to enjoy.
- Join a Bar Crawl: Take part in one of the popular bar crawls available around town on New Year’s Eve. Enjoy tasty drinks, great music, and good times with friends while hopping from one location to the next.
- Participate in a Pub Quiz: Test your knowledge and join a pub quiz this New Year’s Eve! Check out local bars and pubs for trivia nights that will keep you entertained while the clock strikes midnight.
- See the Fireworks: Enjoy the spectacular display of fireworks put on by the city of Jacksonville each year. Bring blankets, chairs, and snacks and set up camp near the riverfront for a stunning view of the show.
- Take a Cruise: Celebrate New Year’s Eve on the water with one of the local cruises offered in Jacksonville. Choose from dinner, brunch, and party cruises perfect for your holiday celebration.
- Visit an Art Exhibit: Check out one of the many art exhibits Jacksonville has to offer on New Year’s Eve. Visit a gallery, museum, or other venue to take in some culture and beauty as you celebrate the end of the year.
- Go Ice Skating: Glide into the new year on ice! Bundle up and head to an outdoor ice skating rink with family and friends. Check out local venues for special events and discounts throughout the holiday season.
- Have a Staycation: If you’d rather stay close to home this New Year’s Eve, consider booking a staycation in the city! Enjoy all of the things that Jacksonville has to offer without having to leave the comfort of your hotel. From meals to attractions, you’re sure to have a wonderful time.
No matter how you choose to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Jacksonville FL, you’re sure to create unforgettable memories with friends and family. Find something fun to do this year as the clock strikes midnight!
Where Can I Watch Fireworks in Jacksonville FL?
Fireworks can be viewed from various locations around town on New Year’s Eve. The best vantage points for viewing the show are along the Southside Riverwalk, Jacksonville Beach Pier, and Everbank Field. Be sure to check the city’s website for more information about viewing spots and times.
How Much Does It Cost to Go on the Jacksonville Beach Pier?
The cost to access the Jacksonville Beach Pier is $1.50 per person (under 5 years old are free). Seasonal passes are available with discounted rates, so be sure to check the website for more information.
Where Can I Find Pub Quizzes in Jacksonville?
Pub quizzes can be found at various restaurants and bars throughout Jacksonville. Check out local businesses for trivia nights and other events featuring questions about pop culture, history, sports, and more. Have fun testing your knowledge with friends!
Is There an Airshow in Jacksonville?
Jacksonville is home to the Jacksonville Airshow, which takes place each year in April. The show features a variety of aircrafts and performers doing stunts over the city’s riverfront. Check out the website for more information about dates and times .
How Much Is It to Walk the Jacksonville Zoo?
Admission to the Jacksonville Zoo is $15.95 for adults and $11.95 for children (ages 3-12). Prices may vary depending on special events, so be sure to check the website for more details.
No matter what you do to celebrate New Year’s Eve in Jacksonville FL, it is sure to be a memorable experience. From bar crawls and pub quizzes to airshows and zoo visits, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Enjoy the things that only Jacksonville can offer as you prepare to welcome in the new year!