Last Updated on February 24, 2024 by Lauren Beck
Arizona is an amazing location to celebrate the New Year. Its stunning natural landscapes, variety of cultural landmarks, and consistently pleasant weather make it the ideal spot to kick off the new year.
From fun activities like hiking and rock climbing to exploring the Grand Canyon and watching a spectacular fireworks show in downtown Phoenix, there is something to do in Arizona for everyone.
Whether you’re looking to enjoy an intimate evening with your loved ones or a wild night out on the town, here are the 10 best things to do for New Year’s in Arizona.
10 Things to Do for New Years in Arizona
- Gatsby’s House Phoenix New Year’s Eve Party, Phoenix, AZ – The Gatsby’s House Phoenix New Year’s Eve Party is the perfect way to celebrate the last night of the year. With its roaring 20s theme and a wide selection of drinks, music, and entertainment, this is a must-attend event.
- Grand Canyon Star Party, Tusayan, AZ – If you’re looking for a unique way to ring in the New Year, the Grand Canyon Star Party is the perfect way to do it. Grab a blanket and join astronomers from around the world for a night of stargazing beneath the beautiful night sky.
- Snow Bowl New Year’s Eve Bash, Flagstaff, AZ – Celebrate the start of the new year with a live DJ, a midnight fireworks show, and plenty of skiing and snowboarding. The Snow Bowl New Year’s Eve Bash is a great way to get the party started.
- Tucson New Year’s Eve Block Party, Tucson, AZ – The Tucson New Year’s Eve Block Party is the perfect way to welcome in the new year. With its festive atmosphere, live music, and great food, this party is sure to be a hit.
- New Year’s Eve Sunset Cruise, Tempe Town Lake, AZ – Don’t miss out on a beautiful sunset cruise on Tempe Town Lake. Enjoy a romantic evening with your loved one as you watch the sky light up with a beautiful display of fireworks.
- Hike the Pinnacle Peak Trail, Phoenix, AZ – Take in the stunning views of the desert as you hike the Pinnacle Peak Trail. This is the perfect way to get some fresh air and take in the beauty of the Arizona landscape.
- Grand Canyon National Park, Grand Canyon, AZ – Spend the first day of the new year exploring one of the most magnificent natural wonders in the world. From breathtaking views to incredible wildlife, a visit to the Grand Canyon is sure to be a memorable experience.
- Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art, Scottsdale, AZ – Spend the evening exploring the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art. The museum features a variety of works from both local and international artists.
- Queen Creek Olive Mill, Queen Creek, AZ – Take a tour of the Queen Creek Olive Mill and sample some of the delicious olive oils and other gourmet products.
- Arizona Cardinals Football Game, Glendale, AZ – Watch the Arizona Cardinals take on the San Francisco 49ers in the final game of the season. It’s sure to be an exciting game that you won’t want to miss.
What does Arizona drop on new year’s Eve?
In Arizona, the city of Tempe drops a giant steel and light sculpture called the “Fantastic Tempe Beach Ball” on New Year’s Eve. The ball is lit up in a variety of colors and is dropped from the roof of the Tempe Center for the Arts. The drop starts at 11:59 p.m. and is accompanied by a fireworks show.
What is the number 1 attraction in Arizona?
The Grand Canyon is the number one attraction in Arizona . It is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World and has been a popular tourist destination since it was first discovered by Europeans in the 1500s. The canyon is 277 miles long, up to 18 miles wide, and one mile deep, making it one of the most impressive natural sites in the world.
What is traditional to eat on new year’s Eve?
Eating traditional food on New Year’s Eve is a popular way to celebrate the end of the year. In the United States, many people enjoy dishes like black-eyed peas, greens, cornbread, and pork. In Mexico, tamales, pozole, and bacalao are popular dishes. In the Caribbean, dishes like rice and peas, ackee and saltfish, and stewed oxtail are traditional. And in Italy, people usually enjoy dishes like zampone, cotechino, and lentils.
Arizona has something to offer everyone looking to celebrate the New Year. There are a variety of activities to keep everyone entertained, from watching fireworks in downtown Phoenix to exploring the Grand Canyon. And no New Year’s celebration is complete without some delicious traditional foods. With so much to do and see, Arizona is the perfect place to welcome in the new year.