Last Updated on May 29, 2023 by Lauren Beck
I remember the first time I sank my teeth into a Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie. The experience was nothing short of a chocolate revelation.
The cookie was perfectly soft yet packed with an intense chocolate flavor that left me craving more.
Today, I’m thrilled to share the secret recipe behind these delectable treats. Get ready to embark on a chocolatey adventure like no other!
Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe
- 2 and 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1 cup milk chocolate chunks
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract, until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- Gently fold in the dark, milk, and white chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded portions of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set, and the centers are slightly soft. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Nutrition Facts
Knowing their nutritional profile is important before indulging in these mouthwatering cookies. Here’s a glimpse into the nutrition facts of Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies:
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 260
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 40mg
- Sodium: 160mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 34g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 3g
Tips & Tricks in Making Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie Recipe:
To achieve cookie perfection, consider these tips and tricks:
- Properly measure ingredients: Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure accurate measurements and avoid imbalances in flavor and texture.
- Chill the dough: Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes before baking to prevent spreading and promote a chewier texture.
- Use high-quality chocolate: Opt for premium chocolate chunks or chips for richer flavor and a more indulgent experience.
- Experiment with mix-ins: Add a dash of sea salt, chopped nuts, or even a hint of espresso powder to elevate the cookie’s taste and complexity.
- Avoid overmixing: Mix the ingredients until combined to prevent a tough texture. Overmixing can lead to flat and dense cookies.
What Kind of Chocolate Is in Jimmy John’s Cookies?
Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies are loaded with three luscious chocolate varieties: dark, milk, and white.
This delightful medley creates a harmonious blend of flavors and textures, making each bite a chocolate lover’s dream.
Who Makes Jimmy Chocolate?
Jimmy Chocolate is a confectionery brand known for its decadent treats, including the famous Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
They are committed to using high-quality ingredients and crafting mouthwatering delights that satisfy even the most discerning sweet tooth.
What Is the Difference Between Chocolate Chips and Chunks in Cookies?
The primary difference between chocolate chips and chunks is their shape and size. Chocolate chips are small, uniformly shaped morsels designed to hold their shape during baking.
On the other hand, chocolate chunks are larger irregular pieces that melt and spread throughout the cookie, creating pockets of rich chocolatey goodness.
Why Are My Chocolate Chip Cookies Crunchy Instead of Soft?
If your chocolate chip cookies turn out crunchy instead of soft, a few factors may be at play:
- Too much flour: Excess flour can produce a drier and crunchier texture. Ensure you’re measuring the flour accurately, or try reducing the amount.
- Overbaking: After removing them from the oven, cookies continue to bake on the hot baking sheet. Take them out when they appear slightly underdone; they’ll firm up as they cool.
- Lack of moisture: Insufficient moisture in the dough can produce a crispier texture. Consider adjusting the recipe by adding a bit more fat or using a higher ratio of brown sugar .
Are Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies Better Than Store-Bought?
The debate between homemade and store-bought chocolate chip cookies is a personal preference.
While store-bought cookies offer convenience, homemade cookies provide the joy of customization and the satisfaction of enjoying freshly baked treats straight from the oven.
The choice ultimately depends on your taste buds and your desired experience.
In conclusion, the Jimmy John’s Triple Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe is a surefire way to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
This cookie is a true crowd-pleaser with its perfect balance of softness and rich chocolate flavor. Whether you enjoy them fresh out of the oven or share them with loved ones, these cookies are bound to bring smiles and delight.
So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and get ready to experience the joy of baking these irresistible treats. Your taste buds will thank you, and you’ll have a new go-to recipe for indulgence. Happy baking!