Last Updated on October 26, 2022 by Lauren Beck
If you have celiac disease or are avoiding gluten for other reasons, you may be wondering if Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza is gluten-free. The good news is that the pizza is indeed gluten-free! The bad news is that it is no longer on the menu (as of early 2020).
If you’re craving a Mexican-style pizza from Taco Bell, you can order a personal pan pizza without the crust and top it with Mexican-style toppings like refried beans, shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and jalapeño peppers. Or, you could try making your own gluten-free Mexican pizza at home.
Taco Bell Gluten Free Menu
Here is the complete list of gluten-free menu items available at Taco Bell:
Taco Bell Favorites
- Chicken Power Menu Bowl
- Steak Power Menu Bowl
- Veggie Power Menu Bowl
- Black Beans and Rice
- Doritos Locos Tacos
- Doritos Locos Tacos Supreme
- Crunchy Taco
- Crunch Taco Supreme
- Hash Brown
- Black Beans
- Refried Beans
- Seasoned Rice
Salsas and Sauces
- Hot Sauce Packet
- Mild Sauce Packet
- Red Sauce
- Spicy Ranch Sauce
- Avocado Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce
- Creamy Jalapeño Sauce
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast Freeze
- Wild Cherry Freeze
- Mango Whip Freeze
- Wild Strawberry Freeze
- All drinks and beverages
- Cinnabon Delights Coffee (hot or iced)
- 3 Cheese Blend
- Cheddar Cheese
- Crunchy Taco Shell
- Nacho Chips
- Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos Shell
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Sausage Crumbles
- Seasoned Beef
- Tostada Shell
Cantina (Only Participating Locations including Las Vegas)
- Beach Berry Freeze
- Caleb’s Kola
- Ginger Mule Freeze
- Margarita Freeze
- Party Punchy Freeze
- Mtn Dew Baja Blast Freeze
- Stubborn Soda Black Cherry Taragon
- Stubborn Soda Classic Root Beer
- IZZE Sparkling Clementine
Taco Bell History
Taco Bell is a fast food restaurant chain that specializes in Mexican-style cuisine. The company is headquartered in Irvine, California and was founded in 1962 by Glen Bell. Taco Bell is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., which also owns KFC, Pizza Hut, and WingStreet.
As of 2019, Taco Bell operated 7,072 restaurants worldwide, with over 350 locations in the United States. Taco Bell is known for its affordable menu items, late-night hours, and unique offerings such as the Crunchwrap Supreme and the Doritos Locos Tacos.
The restaurant’s menu has evolved over the years to include more Mexican-inspired dishes such as burritos, quesadillas, and nachos. In recent years, Taco Bell has also introduced a number of new vegan and vegetarian options.
Taco Bell was one of the first fast food chains to offer a dedicated gluten-free menu. The restaurant’s gluten-free options include items like the Beefy Frito Burrito, the Chicken Soft Taco, and the Cheese Quesadilla.
Are Taco Bell’s Hard Taco Shells Gluten-Free?
Yes, Taco Bell’s hard taco shells are gluten-free. The shells are made with a corn masa flour and do not contain any wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients.
Is Taco Bell’s Meat Gluten-Free?
Yes, all of the meat options at Taco Bell are gluten-free. This includes the beef, chicken, and steak.
Are Taco Bell’s Chips Gluten-Free?
Yes, Taco Bell’s chips are gluten-free. The chips are made with a corn masa flour and do not contain any wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients.
Tips for Ordering Gluten-Free at Taco Bell
- When ordering, be sure to specify that you would like a “gluten-free” meal.
- Taco Bell does not have a separate gluten-free menu, but many of the items on the regular menu can be modified to be gluten-free.
- Be sure to ask about any cross-contamination risks  when ordering, as some of the gluten-free items are prepared in the same area as wheat-containing items.
- If you are celiac or have a severe allergy to gluten, it is always best to err on the side of caution and avoid any potential risks. Thus, you may want to avoid ordering anything that is fried or has a breaded coating.
Taco Bell Mexican Pizza is gluten free. The hard taco shell is made with a corn masa flour and does not contain any wheat or other gluten-containing ingredients. The meat is also gluten-free. When ordering, be sure to specify that you would like a “gluten-free” meal. Taco Bell does not have a separate gluten-free menu, but many of the items on the regular menu can be modified to be gluten-free. Be sure to ask about any cross-contamination risks when ordering, as some of the gluten-free items are prepared in the same area as wheat-containing items.
- Where To Source High-Quality Fresh Produce For Your Restaurant - March 20, 2023
- McDonald’s Dollar Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023
- Sonic Drive Thru Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023