Last Updated on August 29, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Imagine this: you’ve roasted potatoes, now cold. But wait, the air fryer comes to the rescue! Having been there, here’s the scoop on reheating potatoes in an air fryer.
Start by preheating to 400°F. Arrange potatoes, give them 10 minutes, and voila – piping hot.
Leftovers like roasted and mashed potatoes get a second life. Say goodbye to cold spuds!
Other Ways to Reheat Potatoes
- Stovetop: Place potatoes in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through.
- Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Microwave: Place potatoes in a microwave-safe dish and heat on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
As you can see, there are many different ways to reheat potatoes. But if you’re looking for the quickest and easiest method, then using an air fryer is the way to go! Give it a try next time you find yourself with cold potatoes.
Should I Soak Potatoes Before Air Frying?
Soaking potatoes in water before cooking them can help remove some starch. This results in a crispier potato when cooked.
However, it’s not necessary to soak potatoes before air frying them. If you choose not to soak them, simply pat the potatoes dry with a paper towel before cooking.
Should I Peel Potatoes Before Air Frying?
It’s not necessary to peel potatoes before air frying them. However, if you prefer peeled potatoes, then go ahead and peel them before cooking. Otherwise, leave the skin on for added nutrition and texture.
Air Fryer Potatoes Recipe Tips
- Cut the potatoes into even pieces so they cook evenly.
- If your potatoes are too big, you may need to cook them in batches.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket. This will result in uneven cooking.
- Season the potatoes with salt, pepper, and other spices of your choice before air frying.
- Cook the potatoes until they’re crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings.
With these tips in mind, you’ll make the perfect air fryer potatoes every time! So go ahead and give it a try. You’ll be glad you did.
How to Make Homemade Air Fryer Potato Wedges?
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, toss together all of the ingredients until the potatoes are evenly coated.
- Transfer the potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes or until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or toppings. Enjoy!
What to Serve With Potato Wedges?
Potato wedges are the perfect side dish for any meal. Serve them with grilled chicken, fish, or steak. Or enjoy them as a snack with your favorite dipping sauce.
How To Store Baked Potatoes?
Baked potatoes can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days . Simply place them in an airtight container or wrap them tightly in foil. When ready to eat, reheat in the oven, microwave, or air fryer.
You can also freeze baked potatoes for up to 3 months. Wrap them tightly in foil before freezing. When ready to eat, thaw in the fridge overnight and reheat as desired.
How Long Do You Reheat Potato Wedges in the Air Fryer?
Potato wedges can be reheated in the air fryer for 3-5 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. cook until heated through and crispy.
When reheating potato wedges, be sure not to overcook them, or they will become dry and hard.
Can You Reheat Mashed Potatoes in an Air Fryer?
Absolutely, you can reheat mashed potatoes in an air fryer. It crisps the exterior while retaining the softness inside.
Preheat, place in a single layer, and cook at moderate heat. Stir occasionally to ensure even reheating.
It’s a great way to rejuvenate leftovers with a delightful texture contrast.
And that’s the scoop! You’re armed with the know-how to revive potatoes in the air fryer. The next rendezvous with cold potatoes won’t faze you.
And here’s an extra nugget: dive into our air fryer potato wedge recipe – an impeccable meal companion.
As the culinary journey continues, remember: warm potatoes are just a button away. Thanks for joining me on this adventure, and here’s to many delicious cooking sessions ahead!