Last Updated on March 22, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Chipotle is a popular fast-casual restaurant chain that is well-known for its Mexican-inspired cuisine. It’s a favorite for many people who enjoy tasty and quick meals. However, with so many options available, it can be challenging to know how to order at Chipotle to get the best experience.
In this article, we will discuss some of the best ways to order at Chipotle and share some tips and tricks to help you make the most of your order.
How to Order at Chipotle?
Chipotle has a reputation for providing customers with a wide range of choices when it comes to ordering food. Here are the steps you need to follow to place your order:
- Step 1: Choose Your Base – You can choose between burritos, tacos, bowls, or salads.
- Step 2: Choose Your Protein – Next, you will need to select your protein. Chipotle offers several options, including chicken, steak, barbacoa, carnitas, sofritas (vegan), and vegetarian options such as black beans or pinto beans.
- Step 3: Choose Your Rice and Beans – Chipotle offers white rice, brown rice, cilantro-lime rice, black beans, and pinto beans.
- Step 4: Choose Your Toppings – You can add toppings like salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, and guacamole.
- Step 5: Check Out – After you’ve added everything you want to your order, you can proceed to check out and pay.
3 Ways to Order at Chipotle
There are three ways you can order at Chipotle:
- In-Person: Visit the restaurant and place your order in person.
- Online: Order online at the Chipotle website or mobile app and pick up your order at the restaurant.
- Delivery: Order via third-party delivery services like DoorDash, Uber Eats, or Grubhub and have your food delivered to your doorstep.
What’s on the Chipotle Menu?
The Chipotle menu features a variety of Mexican-inspired dishes that are customizable to your preference. Here are some of the menu items you can choose from:
- Burritos: Large flour tortillas filled with rice, beans, meat or tofu, and toppings.
- Tacos: Soft or crispy corn or flour tortillas filled with meat or tofu, lettuce, cheese, salsa, and other toppings.
- Bowls: A bowl of rice, beans, meat or tofu, and toppings.
- Salads: A mix of lettuce, beans, meat or tofu, and toppings.
- Chips and Guacamole: A side of chips and fresh-made guacamole.
Chipotle Menu Hacks
If you’re looking to mix things up with your Chipotle order, try these menu hacks:
- Quesarito: A burrito wrapped in a cheese quesadilla instead of a regular tortilla.
- Burrito Bowl Salad: A burrito bowl served on a bed of lettuce instead of rice.
- Double Protein: Add extra meat or tofu to your order for a protein boost.
- Extra Rice and Beans: Add more rice and beans to your order for a more filling meal.
How to Order Healthy at Chipotle?
If you’re looking to make a healthier choice when ordering at Chipotle, try these tips:
- Choose a bowl or salad instead of a burrito.
- Opt for brown rice instead of white rice.
- Choose grilled meats instead of fried or crispy ones.
- Skip the cheese and sour cream.
- Add extra veggies to your order.
How Do I Get the Most Out of My Chipotle Order?
To get the most out of your Chipotle order, follow these tips:
- Be specific about what you want and how much you want of it.
- Ask for extra toppings if you want them.
- Take advantage of the free extras such as lettuce, salsa, and hot sauce.
- Try out different sauces and toppings to find your favorite combination.
- Consider ordering off the secret menu or trying a menu hack to mix things up.
What Is Chipotle Style Ordering Called?
The ordering style at Chipotle is called “assembly line service.” This means that customers move down a line of ingredients and toppings, customizing their order as they go.
What to Get At Chipotle for the First Time?
If you’re a first-time Chipotle customer, here are some popular menu items to try:
- Chicken Burrito Bowl: A bowl of rice, beans, chicken, salsa, and other toppings.
- Steak Tacos: Soft or crispy tortillas filled with steak, lettuce, cheese, and other toppings.
- Veggie Bowl: A bowl of rice, beans, veggies, and other toppings for a vegetarian option.
- Chips and Guacamole: A side of chips and fresh-made guacamole to share or enjoy as a snack.
What Does 3-Pointer Mean at Chipotle?
The “3-pointer” is a popular ordering hack at Chipotle that involves getting three crispy tacos for the price of a taco meal . To order the 3-pointer, ask for three crispy tacos and a side of beans and rice instead of ordering the taco meal.
Knowing how to order at Chipotle can help you create the perfect meal that fits your preferences and dietary needs. Whether you’re ordering in-person, online, or for delivery, follow these steps and tips to get the most out of your Chipotle experience. With so many options available, you can mix and match to create new flavor combinations and even try some menu hacks. Don’t be afraid to ask for extra toppings and customize your order to your liking. Happy ordering!