Last Updated on April 28, 2023 by Lauren Beck
Spicy mayo is a popular condiment that can be found in many Japanese and Korean dishes, such as sushi and kimbap. While sriracha is the go-to ingredient to add heat to this sauce, not everyone has access to it or likes the taste.
In this article, we will explore five different ways to make spicy mayo without sriracha, along with some tips and tricks, and answer some common questions about this delicious condiment.
5 Ways To Make Spicy Mayo Without Sriracha
- Cayenne pepper: Mix mayonnaise with cayenne pepper until you reach your desired level of spiciness. Start with a small amount of cayenne pepper and gradually increase until it’s as spicy as you like.
- Hot sauce: Use your favorite hot sauce instead of sriracha. Tabasco sauce is a great option as it has a flavor profile similar to sriracha but with a different heat level. Mix the hot sauce with mayonnaise until you reach your desired level of spiciness.
- Red pepper flakes: Mix mayonnaise with red pepper flakes until you reach your desired level of spiciness. This option adds a bit of texture to the sauce.
- Wasabi: Mix mayonnaise with wasabi until you reach your desired level of spiciness. Wasabi has a different type of heat than sriracha, so this option will give you a different flavor profile.
- Chili paste: Mix mayonnaise with chili paste until you reach your desired level of spiciness. This option adds a bit of sweetness to the sauce.
Tips & Tricks When Making Spicy Mayo Without Sriracha
- Experiment with different ratios of mayonnaise to spicy ingredients to find your perfect level of spiciness.
- Use high-quality mayonnaise for the best taste.
- Let the sauce sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to meld together.
- Use a whisk or a food processor to ensure that the sauce is smooth and well-mixed.
What Is Spicy Mayo Made Of?
Spicy mayo is a simple condiment made by mixing mayonnaise with a spicy ingredient, such as sriracha or one of the alternatives listed above.
Does Spicy Mayo Have Sugar?
Most mayonnaise contains a small amount of sugar, so if you are trying to avoid sugar entirely, it’s best to make your own mayo at home or choose a sugar-free brand.
However, the amount of sugar in the mayo used to make spicy mayo is generally negligible.
How Long Will It Last In The Fridge?
Spicy mayo will last in the refrigerator for up to 2 months . However, it’s important to note that the freshness of the mayonnaise used in the recipe will affect the overall shelf life.
How To Store Spicy Mayo?
Spicy mayo should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’s important to keep it chilled to prevent the growth of bacteria.
What Can You Serve With Spicy Mayo?
Spicy mayo is a versatile condiment that can be used in many different ways. Here are some ideas for what to serve it with:
- Sushi rolls
- French fries
- Fried chicken
Is Spicy Mayo Keto-Friendly?
Mayonnaise is a keto-friendly ingredient, as it’s high in fat and low in carbs. However, it’s important to check the nutrition label of the mayonnaise used in the recipe to ensure it fits within your keto diet plan.
There are many ways to make spicy mayo without sriracha, including cayenne pepper, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, wasabi, and chili paste. Experimenting with different ratios and ingredients will help you find the perfect level of spiciness for your taste buds. Remember to use high-quality mayonnaise, mix well, and let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving. Spicy mayo is a versatile condiment that can be used in many different dishes, and it’s keto-friendly as long as you use a sugar-free brand. With these tips in mind, you can enjoy delicious and spicy mayo anytime.