Last Updated on February 20, 2023 by Lauren Beck
If you’re a fan of Yard House’s cilantro lime chicken, you might be wondering if you can make it at home. The good news is that with the right recipe and ingredients, you can easily recreate this tasty dish in your own kitchen.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to make cilantro lime chicken Yard House-style, along with some helpful tips and ideas for serving it.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken Yard House?
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over them. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight if possible.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the chicken for 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
What Can I Serve With Cilantro Lime Chicken?
Cilantro lime chicken pairs well with a variety of side dishes , such as:
- Grilled vegetables, such as zucchini, bell peppers, and onions
- Rice or quinoa
- Black beans
- Avocado or guacamole
- Salsa or pico de gallo
- For extra flavor, add a pinch of cumin or chili powder to the marinade.
- If you don’t have a grill, you can cook the chicken on a stovetop grill pan or in a regular skillet.
- To make the dish spicier, add some chopped jalapeno or red pepper flakes to the marinade.
- For a creamier dish, top the chicken with a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Can You Make Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken?
Yes, you can! Simply place the marinated chicken in a crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours, or until the chicken is cooked through. You can also add some diced onions, bell peppers, or other vegetables to the crockpot for extra flavor.
Can You Make Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos?
Absolutely! To make cilantro lime chicken tacos, simply slice the cooked chicken and serve it on warm tortillas with your favorite toppings, such as shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cheese, and sour cream. You can also use soft or hard-shell tacos, depending on your preference.
Can I Use Chicken Breast?
Yes, the recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but you can also use bone-in chicken breasts or thighs if you prefer. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly, as bone-in chicken may take a bit longer to cook through.
Can I Use Bone-in Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use bone-in chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Thighs have a bit more fat than breasts, which can make them more flavorful and tender. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly, as thighs may take longer to cook than breasts.
How to Freeze Cilantro Lime Chicken
If you have leftovers or want to make a batch of cilantro lime chicken in advance, you can
freeze it for later use. Here’s how:
- Let the cooked chicken cool completely.
- Slice or chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, if desired.
- Place the chicken in a freezer-safe container or resealable plastic bag, removing as much air as possible.
- Label the container or bag with the date and contents.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To thaw frozen cilantro lime chicken, place it in the refrigerator overnight or use the defrost setting on your microwave.
Making cilantro lime chicken Yard House-style is easy and delicious, and with a few tweaks, you can customize it to your liking. Serve it with your favorite sides or use it as a filling for tacos or burritos. And if you have leftovers, don’t forget to freeze them for a quick and easy meal in the future.