Last Updated on October 4, 2022 by Lauren Beck
If you’re wondering how much a beef wellington costs, the answer depends on a few factors. The price of the beef, the size of the wellington, and whether you’re making it at home or ordering it at a restaurant all play a role in the final cost.
Generally speaking, a beef wellington will cost anywhere from $10 to $30 per serving. If you’re making it at home, you can expect to pay on the lower end of that range. Ordering a beef wellington at a restaurant will typically cost more, sometimes significantly so.
The size of the wellington also plays a role in the final cost. A small wellington may only cost $10, while a large one could cost $30 or more.
Finally, the type of beef you use will also affect the cost. A higher quality cut of beef will obviously cost more than a lower quality one. However, you may find that the difference in taste is worth the extra expense.
What Is Beef Wellington?
Beef Wellington is a dish that consists of a filet mignon that is wrapped in puff pastry and then baked. It is a very popular dish, and one that is often served at special occasions or holiday meals. Because it is such a special dish, the cost of beef wellington can vary greatly.
How Much Does Beef Wellington Cost At A Restaurant?
The cost of beef wellington at a restaurant can vary greatly depending on the type of restaurant you go to. Fine dining restaurants are going to charge more for their beef wellington than a casual dining restaurants. The reason for this is that beef wellington is a dish that takes time and effort to make. It also requires high quality ingredients, which can be more expensive.
On average, you can expect to pay anywhere from $30 to $50 for beef wellington at a restaurant.
What Cut of Meat Is Used in Beef Wellington?
Beef wellington is usually made with a filet mignon, which is a cut of meat that comes from the tenderloin. This is the most tender part of the cow, and it is also one of the most expensive. That being said, you can expect to pay more for beef wellington if it is made with a filet mignon.
How to Make Beef Wellington?
Making beef wellington is not as difficult as you might think. The most important part is to make sure that the meat is cooked properly. Here is a simple recipe that you can follow:
- 1 (3-4 pound) beef tenderloin, trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (17.3 ounce) package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Sprinkle beef tenderloin with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add beef tenderloin and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until evenly browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg and water. Set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry on a lightly floured surface. Spread Dijon mustard over the puff pastry, and then sprinkle with thyme and mushrooms. Place beef tenderloin in the center of the puff pastry. Wrap the puff pastry around the beef tenderloin, and then seal the edges with the egg mixture.
- Place the beef wellington on a baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the beef tenderloin is cooked to your liking.
Tips In Cooking Beef Wellington
- Don’t overcook the beef tenderloin. It should be cooked to medium rare or it will be tough.
- Make sure the puff pastry is thawed before you use it. If it is not thawed, it will not rise properly.
- If you want a crispier crust, you can brush the puff pastry with an egg wash before baking it.
- You can use any type of mushrooms you like in the filling. Some good options include crimini, portobello, or shiitake mushrooms.
- Beef Wellington is best served immediately after it is cooked. If you need to reheat it, you can do so by wrapping it in foil and reheating it in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes.
- Leftover beef wellington can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How to Store Beef Wellington?
Beef wellington can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Just make sure it is wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or foil. You can also freeze beef wellington for up to 3 months. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating it.
How to Reheat Beef Wellington?
Beef wellington can be reheated in a 350 degree F oven for about 10 minutes. Just make sure it is wrapped tightly in foil to prevent the crust from drying out.
How to Freeze Beef Wellington?
Beef wellington can be frozen for up to 3 months. Just make sure it is wrapped tightly in plastic wrap or foil. Thaw it in the fridge overnight before reheating it.
How Much Does a Beef Wellington Cost at Gordon Ramsay’s Restaurant?
If you’re looking for a high-end beef wellington, you can check out Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant. It is one of the most popular restaurants in London, and it is known for its great food. The beef wellington here costs about $60.
Which of Gordon Ramsay’s Dishes Is the Most Expensive?
If you’re looking for the most expensive dish at Gordon Ramsay’s restaurant, you can check out his “tasting menu”. This menu features a variety of small dishes, and it costs about $185 per person.
How Much Does a Meal at Hell’s Kitchen Cost?
If you want to experience Gordon Ramsay’s cooking, but you don’t want to spend a lot of money, you can check out Hell’s Kitchen . This restaurant is known for its affordable prices, and a meal here will cost you about $35.
So, how much does a beef wellington cost? It depends on where you get it from. If you want a high-end version, you can expect to pay about $60. If you want a more affordable option, you can check out Hell’s Kitchen where a meal will cost you about $35.