Last Updated on October 5, 2022 by Lauren Beck
New York City is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. But how many restaurants are there actually in the city? The number may surprise you.
As of 2019, there were over 24,000 restaurants in New York City, according to data from the Mayor’s office. This number has been growing steadily over the past few years, with the city adding nearly 1,000 new restaurants each year.
The majority of these restaurants are small businesses, with over 80% having fewer than 50 employees. The restaurant industry is a vital part of New York City’s economy, employing over 300,000 people.
Best Places to Eat in NYC
With so many restaurants to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start. Here are a few of our favorites:
- The Spotted Pig: This West Village gastropub is known for its inventive menu and celebrity guests (it’s been frequented by the likes of Jay-Z, Beyoncé, and David Beckham).
- Momofuku Noodle Bar: This East Village ramen spot is a favorite among locals and tourists alike. Be sure to try the pork buns – they’re delicious!
- Balthazar: This classic French brasserie in Soho is perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner. The menu features all of your favorite French dishes, from escargot to Steak Frites.
- Barney Greengrass: This Upper West Side staple has been serving up bagels and lox since 1908. It’s the perfect place to grab a quick bite before exploring Central Park.
- The Loeb Boathouse: This restaurant is located in Central Park, making it the perfect spot for a romantic dinner or a leisurely lunch. The views of the lake are stunning, and the food is delicious.
With so many great restaurants to choose from, you’ll never go hungry in New York City!
What city has the most restaurants?
New York City has the most restaurants of any city in the world. With over 24,000 restaurants, the city has something to offer everyone. From Michelin-starred dining to casual cafes, there’s something for everyone in New York City.
What is the oldest restaurant in New York City?
The oldest restaurant in New York City is Keens Steakhouse, which opened in 1885 . Keens is best known for its mutton chop, a large lamb chop that is served with mint jelly. The steakhouse has been frequented by many famous faces over the years, including President Theodore Roosevelt and Babe Ruth.
What is a must eat in New York?
There are so many great things to eat in New York City, but one dish that you must try is the classic New York slice. You can find a good slice of pizza just about anywhere in the city, but some of our favorites include Joe’s Pizza and Di Fara Pizza.
No matter what you’re in the mood for, you’ll find it in New York City. With over 24,000 restaurants to choose from, there’s something for everyone!
How many fast food restaurants are in New York?
There are over 5,000 fast food restaurants in New York City. While this may seem like a lot, it’s actually a relatively small number compared to the 24,000+ restaurants in the city. Fast food makes up about 20% of the restaurant landscape in New York City.
What areas should I avoid in New York City?
There are certain areas of New York City that you should avoid if you’re not familiar with the area. These include Harlem, the South Bronx, and Brownsville. While these neighborhoods are safe during the daytime, they can be dangerous at night. If you’re not sure where you’re going, it’s best to stick to the well-lit and populated areas of the city.
What is the food capital of America?
There is no definitive answer to this question, as it depends on what you’re looking for. New York City is often cited as the food capital of America, as it has a diverse range of cuisines to choose from. Other cities that are known for their food scene include New Orleans, San Francisco, and Chicago.
What city has the best pizza?
New York City is home to some of the best pizza in the world. From thin-crust to deep-dish, there’s a style of pizza for everyone in NYC. Some of our favorite pizza spots include Di Fara Pizza, John’s of Bleecker Street, and Lucali.
New York City is home to the most restaurants of any city in the world. With over 24,000 options, there’s something for everyone in NYC. From classic French brasseries to casual cafes, you’ll never go hungry in New York City!
- Panera Bread Breakfast Menu & Prices - March 27, 2023
- What Is the Best Gummies in the World? - March 27, 2023
- How Long Will Pizza Last in the Fridge? - March 27, 2023