Last Updated on October 5, 2022 by Lauren Beck
McDonald’s Sausage Burrito is one of the most popular items on the breakfast menu. It’s a simple breakfast burrito filled with sausage, egg, and cheese. The burrito is then wrapped in a soft flour tortilla.
The Sausage Burrito is one of the higher calorie items on the McDonald’s breakfast menu. It contains 310 calories, 12 grams of fat, and 24 grams of protein. The majority of the calories come from the sausage and egg. The tortilla and cheese add a few additional calories.
Ingredients in the Sausage Burrito
Ingredients of Sausage Burrito from McDonald’s include a grilled sausage patty, a flour tortilla, and eggs. The sausage burrito also contains cheese, green chiles, and onions. One burrito contains 310 calories, with 130 of those coming from fat. There are also 20 grams of protein in the burrito.
- Saturated Fat:7g
- Dietary Fiber:1g
- Total Fat:17g
- Total Sugars:2g2grams
- Vitamin D:0mcg
Healthiest McDonald’s Breakfast Items
Here’s a look at some of the healthiest breakfast items available on the McDonald’s menu.
- Egg McMuffin: This classic breakfast sandwich is made with a fresh grade A egg, Canadian bacon, and real butter on an English muffin. The Egg McMuffin has 300 calories, 12 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, and 820 milligrams of sodium.
- Fruit & Maple Oatmeal: This oatmeal is made with steel cut oats, dried cranberries, apples, light cream, and maple syrup. The Fruit & Maple Oatmeal has 290 calories, 5 grams of fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, and 160 milligrams of sodium.
- Yogurt Parfait: The Yogurt Parfait is made with low-fat vanilla yogurt, granola, and fresh berries. The Yogurt Parfait has 140 calories, 2 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, and 190 milligrams of sodium.
- Sausage Burrito: The Sausage Burrito is made with a grilled sausage patty, eggs, cheese, green chiles, and onions wrapped in a flour tortilla. The Sausage Burrito has 310 calories, 17 grams of fat, 7 grams of saturated fat, and 800 milligrams of sodium.
- Egg White Delight McMuffin: The Egg White Delight McMuffin is made with a fresh grade A egg white, Canadian bacon, and white cheddar cheese on an English muffin. The Egg White Delight McMuffin has 250 calories, 8 grams of fat, 4 grams of saturated fat, and 580 milligrams of sodium.
Ways to Make Your Burrito Healthier
If you’re looking for ways to make your Sausage Burrito healthier, there are a few things you can do.
- Ask for no cheese: This will save you 30 calories and 3 grams of fat.
- Skip the green chiles: This will save you 10 calories.
- Request a whole wheat tortilla: This will add some extra fiber to your burrito.
- Add extra veggies: Ask for extra onions, tomatoes, or peppers to add some extra nutrients to your burrito.
As you can see, there are a few ways you can make your Sausage Burrito healthier. Just by making a few simple changes, you can save calories and fat. So, if you’re looking for a healthier option, be sure to ask for these modifications.
What has the fewest calories at McDonald’s?
If you’re counting calories, you’ll want to know what the healthiest option is. The Egg McMuffin has the fewest calories at 300. The Fruit & Maple Oatmeal and the Yogurt Parfait are also good options, with 290 and 140 calories respectively.
So, if you’re looking for a low-calorie option, the Egg McMuffin is a good choice. However, if you’re looking for something with less fat, the Fruit & Maple Oatmeal or the Yogurt Parfait might be better options.
How many calories are in a sausage Mcgriddle from McDonald’s?
A sausage Mcgriddle from McDonald’s contains 480 calories. The McGriddle also has 24 grams of fat, 10 grams of saturated fat, and 1520 milligrams of sodium. There are also 54 grams of carbohydrates and 3 grams of fiber in the McGriddle. The breakfast sandwich contains 16 grams of sugar and 14 grams of protein.
Is McDonald’s sausage Keto?
Sausage from McDonald’s is not keto as it contains 24 grams of carbs per sausage patty. The sausage also has 10 grams of saturated fat and 1520 milligrams of sodium. If you are following a ketogenic diet, you should avoid eating sausage from McDonald’s. There are other breakfast options available that are keto-friendly, such as the Egg McMuffin and the Bacon ranch grilled chicken salad .
As you can see, there are a lot of calories in a McDonald’s Sausage Burrito. If you’re looking for a healthier option, be sure to ask for no cheese and skip the green chiles. You can also request a whole wheat tortilla and add extra veggies to your burrito. And, if you’re counting calories, the Egg McMuffin is the healthiest option on the menu. However, if you’re following a ketogenic diet, you should avoid McDonald’s sausage as it is high in carbs and saturated fat.
- Where To Source High-Quality Fresh Produce For Your Restaurant - March 20, 2023
- McDonald’s Dollar Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023
- Sonic Drive Thru Menu & Prices - March 18, 2023