Last Updated on June 22, 2022 by Lauren Beck
Many people enjoy a cup of Starbucks iced coffee, but may not know how long it will last in the fridge. The answer depends on how you store it and how often you drink it. If you store your iced coffee in a sealed container and consume it within three days, it will likely be safe to drink. However, if you do not consume all of the coffee within three days, or if you store it in an unsealed container, it may spoil and become unsafe to drink. If you are unsure whether your iced coffee is still safe to consume, it is best to discard it.
To extend the shelf life of your iced coffee, be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract or coffee syrups to help keep it fresh. If you find that your iced coffee has gone bad, you can always make a new batch. Simply brew a pot of coffee and pour it over ice cubes. Then, add your desired flavorings and enjoy!
Table of Contents
Factors That Affect the Life of Your Coffee
Here are a few factors that can affect how long your coffee will last:
- The type of coffee bean: Arabica beans tend to have a higher quality flavor, but they also spoil faster. Robusta beans have a more bitter taste, but they will last longer.
- The grind of the coffee bean: Coarsely ground coffee beans will last longer than finely ground coffee beans.
- The storage container: Airtight, opaque containers are the best way to store coffee. Glass jars, canisters, and vacuum-sealed bags will all help keep your coffee fresh.
- How the coffee is brewed: Cold brew coffee will last longest when stored in the fridge, while hot brew coffee will only last for about an hour before it starts to spoil.
- The addition of milk or cream: Milk and cream can help extend the shelf life of coffee, but they also make it more susceptible to spoiling. Be sure to use fresh milk and cream and consume your coffee within three days for best results.
Is It Possible for Starbucks Iced Coffee To Spoil?
Starbucks iced coffee can spoil if it is not stored properly or if it is not consumed within three days. If you notice any off-putting flavors or smells, it is best to discard the coffee. To prevent your iced coffee from spoiling, be sure to store it in an airtight container in the fridge and consume it within three days. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract or coffee syrups to help keep it fresh.
Signs That Your Starbucks Coffee Has Gone Bad
There are a few telltale signs that your iced coffee has gone bad:
- The coffee is discolored: If you notice that your iced coffee has changed color, it may be an indication that it has gone bad.
- The coffee tastes sour: If the iced coffee tastes sour or off, it is likely spoiled and should be discarded.
- The coffee smells bad: If the iced coffee has an unpleasant odor, it is probably spoiled and should not be consumed.
If you’re not sure if your iced coffee is still drinkable, it’s best to get rid of it. By following these storage tips, you can help keep your iced coffee fresh and prevent it from spoiling.
Health Implications of Stale Iced Coffee
If you drink spoiled iced coffee, you may experience gastrointestinal symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. You may also experience headaches, dizziness, and fatigue. In severe cases, you may even develop food poisoning. If you experience any of these symptoms after drinking iced coffee, it is best to seek medical attention.
To avoid these health implications, be sure to discard any iced coffee that has spoiled. By following these storage tips below, you can help keep your iced coffee fresh and prevent it from going bad.
Are you supposed to freeze Starbucks frappuccinos?
Starbucks frappuccinos can be frozen for up to 2 months. Be sure to store them in an airtight container and thaw them in the fridge overnight before enjoying. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract or coffee syrups to help keep them fresh.
Tips for Using Leftover Coffee
If you have leftover iced coffee that you don’t think you’ll be able to finish, there are a few ways to use it up :
- Add it to smoothies or milkshakes: Iced coffee makes a great addition to smoothies and milkshakes. Simply add the desired amount of iced coffee to your blender along with your other ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Make iced coffee popsicles: Iced coffee popsicles are a refreshing summer treat. To make them, simply pour iced coffee into popsicle molds and freeze.
- Use it in baking: Iced coffee can be used in place of water or milk in many recipes. Be sure to adjust the recipe accordingly if you’re using iced coffee that is already sweetened.
- Add it to oatmeal or pancakes: Iced coffee can add a unique flavor to oatmeal and pancakes. Simply add the desired amount of iced coffee to your oatmeal or pancake batter and mix until combined.
- Iced coffee cubes: Iced coffee cubes are a great way to add flavor and caffeine to your morning cup of joe. Simply pour iced coffee into an ice cube tray and freeze. When you’re ready to use them, simply add a few cubes to your coffee and enjoy.
- Make iced coffee jelly: Iced coffee jelly is a fun and easy way to enjoy iced coffee. To make it, simply add iced coffee to gelatin and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into a mold and refrigerate until set.
There are endless ways to enjoy iced coffee. By following these storage tips, you can help keep your iced coffee fresh and prevent it from spoiling.
How long does iced coffee last in the fridge with milk?
Iced coffee with milk can last in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container and consume it within 3 days to prevent it from spoiling. You can also add a few drops of vanilla extract or coffee syrups to help keep it fresh.
Iced coffee is a refreshing summertime treat. By following these storage tips, you can help keep your iced coffee fresh and prevent it from spoiling. Be sure to discard any iced coffee that has spoiled and enjoy it within 3 days of opening. You can also freeze iced coffee for up to 2 months. When storing iced coffee, be sure to use an airtight container and add a few drops of vanilla extract or coffee syrups to help keep it fresh.