Last Updated on September 13, 2022 by Lauren Beck
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t know how long pho actually lasts in the fridge. Pho is a Vietnamese soup that is traditionally made with beef or chicken broth, rice noodles, and various herbs and spices. It is often served with a side of bean sprouts, lime wedges, and chili peppers. While pho is typically eaten fresh, it can also be stored in the fridge for later consumption. So, how long does pho last in the fridge?
Generally speaking, pho will last 3-4 days in the fridge. This assumes that the soup has been properly stored in an airtight container and that it was originally made with fresh ingredients. If you’re not sure how long your pho has been in the fridge, it’s best to err on the side of caution and throw it out after 4 days.
Table of Contents
How to reheat Pho?
Here are some tips on how to reheat your pho so that it tastes just as good as when it was first made:
- Add a little bit of water or broth to the pot or bowl before reheating. This will help to rehydrate the noodles and prevent them from sticking together.
- Reheat the soup on low heat. If you try to reheat it too quickly, the noodles will become mushy.
- Stir the soup frequently while it’s reheating. This will help to distribute the heat evenly and prevent the noodles from sticking together.
What is the shelf life of Pho?
While pho can last in the fridge for 3-4 days, it’s best to consume it within 2 days for the best flavor and texture. After that, the noodles will start to break down and the soup will become increasingly watery.
How to store leftover Pho?
It’s best to eat pho within a day or two of cooking it. But if you need to store it, leftover pho will last in the fridge for up to four days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container so that it doesn’t dry out. You can also freeze leftover pho and it will keep for up to three months.
When you’re ready to eat your frozen pho, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then reheat it gently on the stove. Don’t forget to add a little extra water or broth to thin out the soup since it will have thickened while in the freezer. And there you have it, delicious pho that will last you for days!
How to make Pho?
Here’s a quick and easy recipe for pho that you can make at home .
- 1 onion
- 1 3-inch piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 6 cups beef or chicken broth
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 ounces flat rice noodles
- 1 pound thinly sliced beef or chicken
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- In a large pot, sauté onion and ginger in oil over medium heat until softened.
- Add broth, star anise, cinnamon stick, fish sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions.
- When broth is finished cooking, remove star anise and cinnamon stick.
- To serve, divide noodles between bowls. Top with beef or chicken, lime wedges, cilantro, and green onions. Ladle broth over top.
How to tell if Pho broth is bad?
The best way to tell if your pho broth is bad is by its appearance, smell, and taste. If the broth is cloudy or has chunks in it, it’s time to toss it. If it smells sour or off, that’s another sign that it’s gone bad. And finally, if it doesn’t taste as good as it used to, it’s time to make a new batch.
When in doubt, it’s always better to err on the side of caution and throw out bad pho broth.
How long does Pho take to make?
Pho takes about 45 minutes to make, including prep time. This quick and easy recipe can be on the table in no time!
What to do with leftover Pho?
There are so many things you can do with leftover pho! Use it as the base for a hearty soup, add it to your favorite stir-fry recipe, or even use it as a marinade for chicken or beef. The possibilities are endless!
Leftover pho is also great for meal prep. Make a big batch on the weekend and then portion it out into individual containers. You’ll have quick and easy meals all week long!
Pho is a delicious and versatile dish that can be enjoyed in so many ways. And with this quick and easy recipe, you can have it on the table in no time! So how long does pho last in the fridge? Up to four days, if stored properly. And if you need to store it for longer, pho freezes well and will keep for up to three months. So go ahead and make a big batch of this delicious soup!