Last Updated on February 23, 2024 by Lauren Beck
Indulging in a baked potato is a delightful experience that can be enjoyed any time of the day. Whether it’s for breakfast, lunch, or dinner, potatoes are a delightful inclusion to any meal. But have you ever wondered how restaurants manage to bake potatoes so efficiently? The secret lies in specialized ovens that can cook multiple potatoes simultaneously!
These ovens, called rapid cook ovens, use infrared technology to cook potatoes quickly and evenly. The potatoes are placed on a revolving tray, which allows them to be cooked on all sides at once. This results in perfectly cooked potatoes that are ready in just minutes!
If you’re ever in a rush and need a quick potato fix, be sure to stop by a restaurant that uses a rapid cook oven. You’ll be able to enjoy a delicious baked potato in no time!
How Restaurant Baked Potato
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to make a baked potato in a restaurant.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut the potatoes into even slices, about 1/2-inch thick.
- Place the potato slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
How Do Restaurants Know How Many Baked Potatoes to Make?
There are a few factors that restaurants take into consideration when deciding how many baked potatoes to make. Here are a few of them:
- The time of day: Restaurants will usually make more baked potatoes during lunch and dinner hours than they will in the morning. This is because people tend to eat more potatoes during these times.
- The size of the restaurant: Smaller restaurants will usually make fewer baked potatoes than larger ones. This is because they have less space to cook them and they usually don’t have as many customers.
- The menu: If a restaurant is serving other dishes that are heavy on potatoes, they’ll likely make fewer baked potatoes. This is because people will already be getting their fill of potatoes from other dishes.
What Do they Do with the Leftover Potatoes?
If a restaurant has any leftover potatoes, they’ll usually either save them for the next day or give them to employees. Some restaurants will also donate their leftover potatoes to local food banks or soup kitchens.
Do Restaurants Microwave Baked Potatoes?
In most cases, no. Restaurants typically only use microwaves to reheat food, not to cook it. This is because microwaves can unevenly cook food and often leave it rubbery or overcooked.
Baked potatoes are best cooked in an oven, which is why most restaurants take the time to do it right.
Does Wrapping Potatoes In Foil Make Them Bake Faster?
No, wrapping potatoes in foil will not make them bake any faster. In fact, it can actually lead to potatoes that are less cooked on the inside and more overcooked on the outside.
Why Do Restaurants Put Salt On The Outside Of Baked Potatoes?
The salt helps to draw out the moisture from the potatoes, which gives them a crispier skin. It also helps to season the potatoes and give them a little extra flavor.
How Long Can You Keep Baked Potatoes Hot?
Baked potatoes can be kept hot for up to four hours. However, after two hours, the potatoes will start to dry out and become less enjoyable to eat. Restaurants typically only keep baked potatoes hot for one hour to ensure that they’re still fresh and tasty.
Why Do Restaurant Baked Potatoes Taste Better?
There are a few reasons why restaurant baked potatoes might taste better than the ones you make at home. First of all, restaurants typically use higher-quality potatoes  than the ones you’ll find at the grocery store. They also usually have access to better ovens that can cook the potatoes more evenly. Finally, most restaurants add a little bit of salt to the outside of the potatoes, which helps to draw out the moisture and give them a crispier skin.
If you’re ever in a hurry and need a quick, delicious baked potato, stop by a restaurant that uses a rapid cook oven. You’ll be able to enjoy a delicious baked potato in no time! And if you’re ever curious how restaurants make their potatoes taste so good, now you know some of their secrets.