Last Updated on October 5, 2022 by Lauren Beck
BJ’s Wholesale Club is a membership-only warehouse club chain that operates in the eastern United States. The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts.
BJ’s does accept EBT as a form of payment for food items only. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits can be used to purchase eligible food items, but cannot be used to pay for membership fees or other items sold at BJ’s.
BJ’s Wholesale Club, Inc. is an American membership-only warehouse club chain operating on the East Coast of the United States, as well as in the state of Ohio. BJ’s offers a variety of products, including grocery items, household goods, electronics, and more.
BJ’s was founded in 1984 by two former Alamo Rent a Car executives, Jack Isenhour and Richard Baker. The first store opened in South Bend, Indiana. As of February 2020, BJ’s had a total of 216 locations: 155 clubs in 15 eastern states, including Florida; one club in Ohio; and 60 Gas Stations.
In 2018, BJ’s was acquired by CVC Capital Partners and Leonard Green & Partners for $2.8 billion. The company is headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts.
BJ’s offers several membership options: a monthly membership, an annual membership, or a 2-year membership. Membership fees range from $50-$100 depending on the type of membership.
How to Use Food Stamps At BJ’s Wholesale Club?
Here’s the step by step guide on how to use your food stamps at BJ’s Wholesale Club:
- Present your EBT card at the time of purchase
- Select the items you wish to purchase
- Proceed to the checkout lane and inform the cashier that you will be using your EBT card for payment
- The cashier will swipe your card and enter the amount of your purchase
- Once the transaction is approved, you will sign the receipt and be on your way!
It’s really that simple! Just remember to have your EBT card handy and inform the cashier before completing your purchase.
Does BJ’s Accept Food Stamps in 2022?
Yes, at this time BJ’s Wholesale Club does accept food stamps as a form of payment for food items only. This may change in the future, so be sure to check back for updates.
Do All BJ Stores Accept Payment Via EBT?
Yes, all BJ’s clubs accept EBT as a form of payment for food items. However, some stores may not have the ability to process EBT payments for membership fees or other items sold at BJ’s. If you’re unsure, we recommend calling ahead to your local BJ’s club to verify their payment policies.
How to save money at BJ’s?
Here are a few tips to help you save money at BJ’s Wholesale Club:
- Become a member: BJ’s offers several membership options that can save you money on your purchases. Membership fees range from $50-$100 depending on the type of membership.
- Shop the sales: BJ’s runs weekly sales on a variety of items, so be sure to check their website or weekly ad before shopping.
- Use coupons: BJ’s accepts manufacturer’s coupons, so be sure to bring any that you may have.
- Sign up for the BJ’s Perks Rewards program: This loyalty program offers members exclusive savings and rewards.
- Visit the BJ’s Gas Station: You can save money on gas by signing up for a BJ’s Gas Savings Card.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is a great place to save money on groceries and other household items. By becoming a member and taking advantage of their sales and coupons, you can save even more!
What Can I Buy Using EBT At BJ’s?
EBT can be used to purchase eligible food items at BJ’s Wholesale Club. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits can be used to purchase food items, but cannot be used to pay for membership fees or other items sold at BJ’s.
Some examples of eligible food items include:
- Canned goods
- Fruits and vegetables
- Cooking oil
To learn more about what you can purchase with your EBT card, please visit the USDA website.
Are There Any Prohibited Items?
There are a few items that cannot be purchased using EBT, such as:
- Non-food items
SNAP benefits cannot be used to purchase any of these items.
Can I Use A Damaged EBT Card?
If your EBT card is damaged, you can replace it by contacting your state’s EBT customer service number. Once you have a new card , you will be able to use it to make purchases at BJ’s Wholesale Club.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is a great place to use your EBT card to purchase food items. Be sure to become a member to take advantage of their sales and coupons, and gas savings at their gas station. Remember, you cannot use your EBT card to purchase alcohol, tobacco, or non-food items. If you have any questions about using your EBT card at BJ’s, please contact their customer service department.
- Church’s Fried Chicken Menu & Prices - March 31, 2023
- What to Get At Raising Cane’s? - March 31, 2023
- Are Acorns Edible for Humans? - March 31, 2023