Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Lauren Beck
When it comes to ordering a refreshing, cool drink from your local coffee shop, the caramel frappe may be a popular choice. But does this sweet treat actually contain coffee? The answer is yes, but the amount of caffeine can vary depending on the size and recipe of the frappe.
How Much Caffeine Is In a Starbucks Frappuccino?
According to the Starbucks website, a Tall (12 oz) Caramel Frappuccino contains 95 mg of caffeine. A Grande (16 oz) contains 140 mg of caffeine and a Venti (24 oz) contains 180 mg of caffeine. It’s important to keep in mind that these are approximate amounts and may vary based on the specific recipe or location.
Ingredients in the Caramel Frappe
The ingredients in a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino include:
- Milk: Milk is the base of the frappe and provides creaminess and a smooth texture. Whole milk is typically used, but other options such as non-fat, soy, or almond milk can also be used.
- Ice: Ice is added to the frappe to make it cold and give it a slushy texture. It also helps to thicken the drink.
- Coffee Frappuccino Syrup: This syrup is a blend of sugar and natural flavors that are used to add sweetness and flavor to the frappe.
- Caramel Syrup: This syrup is added to give the frappe its characteristic caramel flavor. It is made from sugar, water, and natural flavors.
- Whipped Cream: Whipped cream is added on top of the frappe as a garnish. It adds a creamy texture and a rich taste.
- Caramel Drizzle: Caramel drizzle is added on top of the whipped cream as a garnish. It provides a sweet and sticky texture, and also adds an extra burst of caramel flavor.
It’s worth noting that the ingredients and recipe for a caramel frappe may vary depending on the specific location or brand. Some places may use additional ingredients or alternative syrups to create their own unique version of the drink. Additionally, some places may offer additional options such as adding espresso shots or substituting syrups for different flavors.
Nutritional Information of a Caramel Frappe
A Tall (12 oz) Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino with whole milk and whipped cream contains:
- 250 calories
- 8g of fat
- 37g of sugar
- 8g of protein
How To Make a Caramel Frappe?
- Brew a strong cup of coffee and let it cool
- In a blender, combine the cooled coffee, milk, ice, caramel syrup, and frappe syrup
- Blend until smooth
- Pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and caramel drizzle
Does Crème Frappuccino Have Caffeine?
A Crème Frappuccino, such as the Vanilla Crème or Chocolate Crème Frappuccino, does not contain any coffee or caffeine. These frappuccinos are made with a blend of milk, ice, and flavored syrups.
What Are the Types of Frappuccino?
- Coffee Frappuccino: contains coffee and caffeine
- Crème Frappuccino: does not contain coffee or caffeine
- Flavored Frappuccino: a combination of coffee, milk, ice, and flavored syrups
- Blended Cream Frappuccino: a combination of milk, ice, and flavored syrups
How Is Caffeine Measured in Coffee?
Caffeine is measured in milligrams (mg) and can vary depending on the type of coffee bean, the brewing method, and the serving size. An 8 oz cup of brewed coffee contains approximately 95 mg of caffeine .
What Does a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Taste Like?
A Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino has a sweet, creamy taste with a strong caramel flavor. The addition of coffee adds a rich, bold flavor to the drink.
How Much Does a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino Cost?
The cost of a Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino can vary depending on the size and location. On average, a Tall (12 oz) Caramel Frappuccino will cost around $4.00, a Grande (16 oz) around $4.75, and a Venti (24 oz) around $5.25.
A Caramel Frappe is a popular drink choice at coffee shops that contains coffee and caffeine. The amount of caffeine can vary depending on the size and recipe of the frappe. Caramel Frappe is a combination of coffee, milk, ice, caramel syrup, and frappe syrup, and whipped cream and caramel drizzle on the top. A Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino