Last Updated on June 23, 2022 by Lauren Beck
Create Boston is a place where artists — whether that’s culinary, bartending, or musical — get together for one absolutely epic event.
Let’s look at this artistic event and see what it’s all about.
Table of Contents
What is Create Boston?
Create Boston was founded by Chef Louis DiBicarri in 2011. He had only one vision: to bridge the gap between visual and culinary arts in Boston, and he collaborated with other artists to create an event that celebrated art, food, drinks, and music.
The celebration’s main event is a game, where six chefs, six bartenders, and six artists team up in groups of three to interpret their group’s given theme. The final product may be 2D, 3D, or interactive (live!). The guests can then sample the food and drinks or buy art directly from the artist.
The event started as a simple one-day gathering, but it’s evolved into a festival of sorts, complete with DJs, live music performances, merchants, live installations, performance art, and more. Founder DiBicarri didn’t want to call it a festival, though — he thought of the event as more of a celebration of all different art forms.
All proceeds of the event went to the Fort Point Arts Community, a non-profit organization aiming to enrich Fort Point and Boston’s cultural life.
A Closer Look:
The Create Boston event moves to a different Boston location each year to give chances to various local artists within the state.
Create Boston is an annual event celebrating chefs, artists, bartenders, and musicians from all over the country.
Create Gallery & Cocktail Lounge
The Create Boston event was so successful that they were able to secure a permanent home, aptly called Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge. All DiBiccari wanted was to provide a platform for local artists in the city, and now he’s able to do that seven days a week as opposed to just once a year.
Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge is an intimate 20-seater space located in Bow Market, Somerville, that features an exhibit from local artists. The Lounge features different artists every month.
They also serve draft cocktail drinks courtesy of local bartenders and a small selection of beer, wine, and cider. 
- 1 Bow Market Way, Somerville, MA 02143
Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge is located on the second floor of Bow Market.
- Monday and Tuesday: from 5:00 pm to 9:30 pm
- Friday and Saturday: from 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Sunday: from 2:00 pm to 9:30 pm
What They Offer
- This Is Stolen Hot Mulled Local Cider – $14 (stolen rock & rye, mike’s hot honey, cinnamon, ginger, citrus, cardamom, coriander, rosemary)
- This Is Stolen Hot Mulled Local Cider – non-alcoholic- $7
- Paloma – $13 (tequila, grapefruit, lime, cane sugar)
- Lavender Spritz – $12 (vodka, lavender, lemon, prosecco)
- Cider Spritz – $13 (rum, honeycrisp apple cider, honey soda)
- Bully Boy Barrel Aged Negroni – $13 (gin, campari, vermouth)
- Down N’ Brown – $15 (rye, luxardo, benedictine, fernet)
- Venice Strawberry Basil Hard Kombucha – $13 (kombucha, vodka, honey soda)
- White: Jepson Chardonnay – $11/$44
- Pink: Las Lilas Vhino Verde – $9/27
- Pink in a can: Archer Roose, Provence, France – $11
- Red: Barbi “Il Ruspo” Sangiovese – $10/$38
- Bubbles: Dissegna Prosecco – $10/$38
Beer and Hard Cider
- Oxbow Brewing Co, “People Power”, Dry Hopped Blonde Ale – $8
- Collective Arts Brewing “Mash Up The Jam” Dry Hopped Sour – $11
- The Brooklyn Brewery “”Stonewall Inn” Ipa – $9
- Cluver Jack Cider – $9
The eight draft cocktail drinks are recipes that come from local bartenders. You won’t be able to take drinks out of the Lounge except on specifically designated days when Bow Market’s liquor license covers the whole compound.
As for the food, Create has yet to sell its own — but the place welcomes you to bring in food from other Bow Market vendors.
Who It’s For
Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge is for artists and art enthusiasts who want to show appreciation for any type of art form. People can come in and make friends with others with the same interests. If they find a piece of art they like on display, they can purchase it directly from the artists themselves.
The Lounge is also for artists looking for a large platform to showcase their work and can even sell them to interested patrons who may be interested.
Is Create Gallery & Cocktail Lounge still open?
Unfortunately, no, Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge is no longer open. They stopped operations on March 22 of this year, and according to a Facebook post by the founder Louis DiBiccari himself, the brand will undergo restructuring and relocate soon.
Why did Create Gallery & Cocktail Lounge close down?
Unfortunately, the reason why Create Gallery and Cocktail Lounge closed down was not revealed to the public — the only thing said about the business was that it was undergoing a restructuring and would be relocating soon.
Create Boston is every artist’s dream — and it’s a dream come true when the annual event evolved into a charming, intimate space in Bow Market to house artists’ creations seven days a week.
Better believe us when we say we’re keeping our eyes peeled for future announcements.
Find lots more articles about food events here on Kitsune Restaurant!
References: 1 https://www.bonappetit.com/story/what-is-draft-cocktail