Last Updated on February 23, 2024 by Lauren Beck
If you have a craving for Chick-fil-A but are unable to go out, this recipe for their Mac & Cheese is a great alternative. It features a rich cheese sauce and soft elbow pasta, guaranteed to fulfill your appetite.
But before you get started, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, this recipe calls for Velveeta cheese. While it may not be the healthiest option, it’s what gives the dish that signature Chick-fil-A taste. If you’re looking for a healthier alternative, you can use shredded cheddar cheese instead.
Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1 pound elbow pasta
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chick Fil A Mac and Cheese?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth, then gradually add milk, whisking constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add Velveeta cheese and continue whisking until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce and stir until well coated.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
Tips for Perfect Chick-Fil-a Mac and Cheese
- If you’re using cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta, you may need to add a little extra milk to get the sauce to the right consistency.
- Chick-fil-A seasonings are available online and in some stores. If you can’t find them, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika make a good substitute.
- For a crunchy topping, sprinkle the dish with bread crumbs or crushed crackers before baking.
Can I Make Chick Fil A Mac & Cheese Ahead of Time?
Yes! This dish can be made up to 24 hours in advance. Simply prepare the recipe as directed, then store it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it. When you’re ready to eat, preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 20 minutes, or until bubbly.
How to Store Leftover Mac and Cheese?
Here are some tips for storing leftover mac and cheese:
- Mac and cheese can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, place mac and cheese in a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) until heated through.
- If you find that your mac and cheese is too dry after reheating, you can add a little milk to moisten it up.
- Mac and cheese can also be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating.
How Long Does This Last in the Fridge?
This chick fil a mac and cheese recipe will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
What Goes with Mac and Cheese?
While mac and cheese is delicious on its own, there are a few things that can really take it over the top. Here are some of our favorite toppings:
- Bacon: Because everything is better with bacon!
- BBQ chicken: This is a great way to use up any leftover BBQ chicken. Just shred or chop it up and add it to the top of your mac and cheese.
- Caramelized onions: A sweet and savory topping that takes this dish to the next level.
- Hot sauce: If you like it spicy, a few dashes of hot sauce will do the trick.
- Pesto: This bright and flavorful topping is a great way to change up the flavor of your mac and cheese.
Is Chick Fil A Mac & Cheese Healthy?
This Chick Fil A mac and cheese recipe is definitely not the healthiest option out there . However, it can be made a little healthier by using shredded cheddar cheese instead of Velveeta. You can also use whole wheat pasta or add in some extra vegetables, like broccoli or spinach.
This Chick Fil A mac and cheese recipe is creamy, cheesy, and absolutely delicious. It’s the perfect comfort food for a cold day or a busy weeknight. And best of all, it can be made ahead of time so you can have dinner on the table in no time.