Last Updated on January 31, 2023 by Lauren Beck
One of the most delicious meals out there is the Loaded Baked Potato. With so many different toppings to choose from, you can create a unique and delicious meal that everyone will love.
In this article, we will explore the 14 best baked potato toppings, the type of potatoes to use, the cooking methods, how to make, serve and arrange a baked potato bar, and more.
14 Best Baked Potato Toppings
When it comes to creating the perfect loaded baked potato, the toppings are key. Here are 14 of the best toppings to choose from:
- Bacon – Bacon is a classic topping that adds a salty and smoky flavor to the potato.
- Grilled chicken – Grilled chicken is a great way to add a protein-packed topping to the potato.
- Cheese – Cheese adds a creamy and flavorful topping.
- Sour cream – Sour cream adds a tangy and creamy flavor to the potato.
- Green onions – Green onions add a mild onion flavor to the potato.
- Salsa – Salsa adds a bit of spice and a bright flavor to the potato.
- Broccoli – Broccoli adds a crunchy and nutritious topping to the potato.
- Chili – Chili is a hearty and flavorful topping.
- Tomatoes – Tomatoes add a juicy and flavorful topping.
- Black beans – Black beans are a great way to add protein and flavor to the potato.
- Olives – Olives add a salty and briny flavor to the potato.
- Avocado – Avocado adds a creamy and nutritious topping to the potato.
- Mushrooms – Mushrooms add a savory and flavorful topping.
- Jalapeños – Jalapeños add a bit of spice and flavor to the potato.
The Type of Potatoes to Use
When it comes to making the perfect loaded baked potato, it is important to choose the right type of potatoes. Russet potatoes are the best option as they are large, have a light and fluffy texture, and they are a good source of carbohydrates and fiber.
Loaded Baked Potato Cooking Methods
There are many different ways to cook a loaded baked potato. You can bake them in the oven, microwave them, or cook them in a slow cooker.
How to Make a Loaded Baked Potato?
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 4 tablespoons of oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Scrub the potatoes and prick them with a fork.
- Rub oil over the potato skin and season with salt.
- Place the potatoes in a baking dish and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are done, let them cool and then cut them open and add your desired toppings.
How to Serve a Loaded Baked Potato?
A loaded baked potato can be served in many different ways. One popular way is to cut the potato in half, add the desired toppings, and then place the two halves back together. You can also cut the potatoes into cubes, top them with the desired toppings, and then serve in a bowl.
How to Arrange a Baked Potato Bar
If you want to serve a variety of toppings, you can set up a baked potato bar. Arrange the potatoes in a bowl and place the toppings on a separate table or counter. This way, everyone can choose their own toppings and create their own loaded baked potatoes.
Can I Bake Potatoes in a Slow Cooker?
Yes, you can bake potatoes in a slow cooker. Start by washing and drying the potatoes. Rub oil over the skin and season with salt. Place the potatoes in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
What Temperature Do You Bake Potatoes at in the Oven?
When baking potatoes in the oven, the temperature should be set to 375°F. This temperature will ensure the potatoes are cooked through evenly and the skin is nice and crispy.
How Do I Know the Potato Is Baked?
The potato is done when it is soft when you press it with your fingers. You can also insert a fork into the potato and if it goes in easily, it is done .
A loaded baked potato is a delicious and easy meal that everyone will love. With so many different toppings to choose from, you can create a unique and delicious meal that is sure to please. The key to a perfect loaded baked potato is to choose the right type of potatoes, use the right cooking method, and use the right toppings.